Among the many announcements and developments that have taken place at Apple throughout October, one of the exciting product releases was the release of the new mobile operating system, the iOS 5. The iOS 5 for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad has promised to improve the Apple user experience across all devices, regardless of its generation.
iOS 5 Features
The new operating system has also been designed specifically with the iPad in mind. A number of unique features cater directly to the iPad’s brilliant touch interface:
- Multitasking gestures - iPad users will love the new gestures that have been incorporated to assist with multi-tasking, making your iPad experience more seamless than ever. Go back to home or switch between applications all with a single swipe.
- Split keyboard – do you get stuck in awkward positions trying to type on your iPad keyboard? Now you can type out messages without needing to set it down – the split keyboard is perfectly positioned so you can type out messages with your thumbs. It also helps to increase the visible real estate of the screen.
- WiFi Sync – WiFi Sync will make it easier for iPad users to really be cable free. You’ll now be able to sync your content with any PC or Laptop that shares the same WiFi network. Alternatively, users will be able to back up their information on iCloud.
While it won’t make you a cup of coffee, the new iOS 5 comes with a number (over 200 they say) of incredible features that are designed to make your mobile life seamless and easier:
- iMessage – lets you send unlimited text messages to anyone else with an iOS 5 enabled device.
- Newsstand – get all of your news updates from all of your favourite media publishers from one spot.
- Reminders – keep up to date and take control of your to-do list. These reminders also sync with all other calendar programs on your machine.
- Wireless set up – the new iOS 5 lets users set up their devices without ever needing to connect to a PC or Mac. You can download updates directly on to your machine and backup and restore your content via the new iCloud service. Subscribers to iPhone or iPad 2 internet plans will really have the option to completely replace their PC with their mobile device.
The new iOS 5 really works to bring a new dimension to the iPad user experience, breaking down the barrier between you and the machine. The seamless integration is a leap into the future – how will you use your iPad 2 with the iOS 5?
Get more from your iPad with 3G broadband . With the entire internet at your fingertips, the possibilities are limitless – visit www.blinkit.net. au for more information.