Whether it is the entertainment industry, cartoons or commercials, India is where all the action is as far as animation outsourcing is concerned. In recent years, the Indian animation industry has witnessed a boom of sorts. Global entertainment giants like Walt Disney, Imax and Sony are signing up contracts with Indian animation experts.
Some of the commonly outsourced animation projects to India include:
• 2D and 3D Animation
• Product Animation
• Architectural Animation
• Architectural Animation
• Computer animation
• Educational Animation
• Movie Animation
• Web animation
• Flash Animation
• Medical Animation
• Science and Engineering animation
The reason why animation outsourcing to India is so popular is because:
1. India has a huge workforce of talented and English-speaking animation experts who are well-versed with the industry and understand its nuances.
2. The Indian film industry is second to only Hollywood in terms of size and the volume of movies being made each year. As a result, India has a large number of good studios which are equipped with excellent infrastructure, on par with international industry standards.
3. Highly cost-effective animation costs. One of the biggest draws for foreign companies (and US animation studios in particular) to outsource cartoons, commercials and other animation products to India is the hugely attractive low costs. The figures speak for themselves. For example, in the US, an average animator charges about $125 an hour; in India, a similarly qualified animator would cost $25 an hour.
4. A Nasscom report stated that the animation production sector in India has become more organized as demand for its professionals grows worldwide. State-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities as required for international TV programme production have grown and are available for overseas customers at substantially lower costs.
5. Virtually no competition. India's nearest rival in animation outsourcing is China, but in terms of quality of studios and the services offered, India is in a higher league altogether.
6. The good news is that encouraged by the confidence the biggies (Walt Disney, Sony) have in the Indian animation industry, smaller firms are keen to go beyond outsourcing merely work. They are willing to co-produce entire titles in collaboration with Indian animation experts.
Therefore, it is with good reason that India is where all the action is where animation outsourcing is concerned.
Daya Mukherjee is a Senior Content Writer and Editor working for a Remote Staffing Outsourcing company in India. You can find out more information by visiting our Web Design Animation , Outsource , offshore outsourcing Websites at Virtual Employee .