1. Decide what kind of gadget you want. Mp3 player? Digital Camera? Brand New Laptop? Maid Robot? Or just Home appliance for decorate your flat?
2. Check what feature you need.
Ex: If you want to buy a cellphone, what activity do you do most? If you just use Cellphone for Sms and make a call don’t waste your money to buy the expensive one with lots of feature but you won’t use any of them
3. Make a list contain 3-5 choice. Then write the pros and cons each one with many factors like feature, price, technology, and design.
In the last line, answer the question : Is this gadget fits me?
4. Look down to your wallet. Don’t push so hard to buy the expensive gadget if the budget don’t really friendly.
5. Even though you buy offline, check the online store like www.amazon.com that has many testimonials. Www. Cnet.com is the great place to see the review too.
Look at the gadget sales. If it’s high, so it’s really popular. If you love trends and want to buy gadget with good reputation, buy it.
But if you don’t want to look same with most people, avoid that product
7. If your friends have the same one, just give it a try. Borrow at least 30 minutes enough to make the second impression.
Ask the net if you need second opinion. Yahoo! Answer is great site to ask.
9. Check the warranty.
If your gadget break in one days, you know where to claim it
10. Rethink the design. For some people, it’s important. But if you want the function, don’t stuck with beautiful-designed gadget
11. If you lack of money, you can wait for several month until the price drops. Gadgets price usually go down, only few of them get the price higher. But don’t wait too long, or you will miss it!
12. Buy the second hand gadget? I don’t think so, the gadget life is too short so it will easily break if you buy it.
13. If the plan to buy it comes in nearly-end season just wait until the season changes, because in new season many companies release new products.
14. Year end sale is good, but don’t waste your money to buy something you don’t need. 15. If you plan to buy online, check the site’s reputation. There are a lot of fake site out there and sell something fake (usually the rare item and sold in very low price)
16. If you buy console/ handheld, check which game you like release its copy. You won’t buy PS3 if you love Zelda game, aren’t you?
17. Don’t be shy to call the company who produce it. Collect more information is a must.
18. Love limited product and want to be the only one who have it? Think to buy it imported from Japan. They like to make lots of limited products, and so many limited version gadgets there. But you have to provide more money for the same product.
19. See the review at the magazine. Make sure the magazine you read is fair (don’t receive money from the manufacture to write something good about the products)
20. If you buy the home appliance electronics, make sure it fits your house. Why waste money if you don’t have storage to save it?
21. Look if it’s operated with rechargeable battery or not. Gadget which needs non rechargeable battery can waste your money. Remember how the first Gameboy Advance waste our money because it needs 2 AA battery every 4-5 hour play?
22. Look the case/ skin material. Better material is good for the life of gadget
23. For the one who love design or easily bored, it’s really recommended to choose gadget
which have custom skin or have many 3rd party company create skins and accessory for them
24. Check the compatibility with your OS if the gadget need to contact with computer via USB/ Infrared/ Bluetooth. Especially if your OS is non Windows.
Check http://www.cutiegadget.com for the info, news, and reviews about so many useful, cute, and well-design gadget from all over the world.