In nowadays computer takes important place almost in every people life. We use computers for all types of things, including, for entertainment, work and corresponding with others. And there is a lot of important And the better way how to make these data safe from various disasters is to make backup copies!
What is backup?
Backup is the activity of copying files or databases so that they will be preserved in case of equipment failure or other catastrophe.
Why do backup files?!?
It is really good question and here is some statistics:
* PCs are infected with viruses at a rate of more than 10% each month.
* Over 50% of PC users have lost an electronic file they thought they had sufficiently stored.
* 9% of people have admitted never backing up their files.
* 32% of data loss is caused by human error.
* 7% of data loss is caused by computer viruses.
* 3% of data loss is caused by natural disasters. (www.3dbackup.com)
Statistics show that there are many different ways how to lose so important information and that kind of disasters happen. So better be prepare!
Backups are useful primarily for two purposes: to restore a computer to an operational state following a disaster and to restore small numbers of files after they have been accidentally deleted or corrupted.
What to backup?
For most computer users is not obligatory to do backups for all files which are on computer, because its takes a lot of storage place and not always necessary. The main idea for backup process is to do copy from files which are important and is not replaceable.
This can includes:
* Bank records and other financial information.
* Digital photographs.
* Music you purchased and downloaded from the Internet.
* Personal projects.
* Software you purchased and downloaded from the Internet.
When to backup?
It would be perfect make backup copies to new and critical data constantly they are in computer, but for other data once a week! How often you do backups depends on how much your files change. How offten do this, its depend on you, but remember that backups is only then effective if they are made regulary!!!
Where to backup?
There are two main backup location groups:
* Local backup - a copy of a file or document that is located on the computers hard disk drive or removable devices. This type of backup is not very safe, because, if something cause computer hard disk or removable device where is these backups, you may lose these data.
Suggestion - save backups to more than one device and store these devices in different places.
* Internet backup - a copy of a files or document that is located on the internet server. This type of backups is safe from that way, that they are in safe place. But there is another hand - if something are saved to internet that mean that there are frauds from hackers.
Suggestion - choose internet backup serviss which save your data in crypted format!
Now it is in your hands. . . BE PREPARE OR NOT TO BE!!!
Infosecuritylab - http://www.infosecuritylab.com