You have a computer networking infrastructure in place. Now you need someone who can maintain your computer networking systems. You want someone who knows Cisco, 3Com, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Firewall protection, phone systems, Novell, Windows 2003 and more. You want to spend a flat or fixed fee every month. You don't want to be surprised with your computer consulting fee.
There are a few things to consider when entertaining the idea of fix / flat rate monthly computer consulting. What is covered? The following should be a list of what is covered and what is not.
1. All service packs applied and configured
2. Maintaining tape backups, reviewed backup jobs and restores
3. Maintaining anti-virus system including virus definitions updates and configuration
4. Updating the firmwire on the all networking devices including but not limited to the following:
b. Managed Network Switches
c. Wireless switches and or routers
d. Laser printer jet direct cards
5. There should be some minimum Network Security protection. A firewall is good, but perhaps for an additional charge they can put in intrudusion protection system to monitor all attacks.
6. Installing applications and upgrading the applications.
7. Installing new users and taking or disabling users.
8. Adding a group policies
9. Ordering computer hardware or software.
10. Reviewing event logs.
11. cleaning up the exchange bad mail
12. Defragmenting the drives on the server
13. Defragmenting the Exchange database on server
14. Inforcing limites on exchange mailboxes and or disk quotas
15. General help desk issues.
16. Service coverage times are Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm local time.
What is usually not covered.
1. Installation of New Hardware and configuration of new hardware.
2. New Projects that take more then 8 hours to complete.
3. Projects include; Exchange Migrations to 2003 or Exchange 2007.
4. Upgrades of any hardware, workstations, servers or networking devices.
Normally the price for “Fixed Fee Consulting Contracts" are per device. They range from $85 to 115
More information can be found on this website http://www.avidware.com/FFC/Default.htm
or you can visit the author of this article at http://www.intercore.net
A Flat Fee Computer Networking Services for Los Angeles Clients specialist is available in Los Angeles to address your needs.