Dish network installation foxes most people keen on getting digital TV to their homes. While the installation is not actually difficult, people find it tough due to various factors such as lack of clarity in the user manual. This guide is a step-by-step manual to dish network installation, and will hopefully help you get the system installed so that you can watch your favorite channels.
Not many people know that you can install the system inside your home, in case there is no space to put the dish outside. You will need a drill, nuts and bolts, screwdriver, compass, hammer, bracket for mounting, cement and level. Here is how you can put up the system as your guide.
Putting Up The Dish System
1. You have to know the meridians for your home - the longitude and latitude. For that, you need to use a GPS enabled machine. You can even go online and look up the position of your home.
2. Once you have your exact location, you have to go online and see which satellite can beam signals closest to where you are.
3. Mark a position where the system faces south. It should not be blocked by walls, wires, towers or other constructions.
4. Now go through the user manual carefully. Install the system as directed.
5. The coaxial wire supplied with your dish system has to be attached to the receiver. Once this is done, the satellite dish and receiver are connected.
6. Hook up the receiver to the TV set.
7. See if the TV is receiving the signals via the satellite dish system. You may need to use the signal meter to see if the signal is strong enough. The strength of the signal should read at least 60.
8. Once you are sure that the dish network installation has gone well, you need to adjust the dish according to the height of your location. This can be done by shifting the dish up or down little by little, until the height indicator is on a level with the elevation number.
Try dish network installation guide by yourself, only, if you are sure that you have the skills to mount dish systems. It is always a good idea to ask a neighbor or friend who has installed the system, to help you. If that is not possible, ask for professional help. Once the installation is complete, you will be able to enjoy watching your favorite channels.
Dish network installation is a simple process and you an easily do it yourself or ask free dish network installation service as apart of your subscription package. Learn how to choose the right Dish Network retailers and get the best deal for your entertainment world. Check out also head-to-head comparison on Dish Network vs DirecTV