If you haven't experienced listening to satellite radio yet, be sure that you schedule some time to do so soon. It's a real breakthrough in radio broadcasting technology that improves the entire listening experience. For so many years, radio broadcasting has been essentially static, with no real improvements or significant changes in the technology at all. But thanks to XM satellite radio and it's competitor, Sirius, the radio broadcasting landscape has been changed forever. Here are the top 5 reasons why you need XM radio now:
1. Over 100 channels of unique programming including over 65 music channels that play almost any kind of music that you could want to listen to. But there is also talk radio and sports programming too, including MLB games. If you can't find something interesting to listen to on XM radio you just aren't trying very hard. And new, more original radio shows are constantly being made available as well.
2. The sound is incredible. Since the radio signal is recorded in digital instead of analog format, you get to hear crystal clear CD-like sound. So it's like having your CD player with you wherever you go, without having to lug along all those CDs at the same time.
3. No loss of signal. Because the signal is digital and transmitted to a group of satellites that orbit high above the earth in the atmosphere, there are no obstructions like trees, buildings, or even the curvature of the earth's surface that can prevent you from receiving any of the available channels no matter where you go. So you can drive for hundreds of miles and listen to the same radio channel if you like.
4. No commercials. On most channels there are no commercials or ads whatsoever because the XM radio service is a monthly subscription. That means that there is no need to run ads to pay for the service. It's paid for by it's subscriber base instead. What that means for you as the listener is no more irritating interruptions of your favorite programming by pitchmen that want to sell you something that you probably don't even want anyway.
5. If you happen to live in Canada, you are now able to receive XM satellite radio in your area too. XM is the only provider at this point that is making satellite radio available to Canadians.
If you add up all the features of XM satellite radio including it's incredibly diverse programming, it's digital sound quality, it's lack of on-air ads, and more it's easy to see why almost 6 million people have already subscribed to XM radio already. How about you?
Jim Johnson is a successful author and publisher on consumer related matters. You can find out more about xm satelite radio and xm radios by visiting our Satellite Radio Review website.