It is a known fact that international SIM cards are beneficial for your overseas trip. These cards are local SIM cards of the destination country that are delivered to you before your departure. Many travellers prefer to use these services for both short and long trips.
However, there are few travellers who are not satisfied with the service. It is due to the unexpected expenses that are incurred on your invoice. Hence, it is important to remember the dos and don'ts of the service during your travel to avoid the unexpected billing amount.
Some of the dos for using SIM services are mentioned below:
- You must keep the SIM card in your possession safely to avoid any type of misuse.
- The dialling instructions vary from country-to-country. It is important to use the correct dialling instructions to reduce your outgoing calling expense.
- You must ensure to carry a network unlocked and compatible handset
- You must use add-on data bundle services to use the internet services
- You must contact your account manager to report the loss of your Card. They will block the Card to avoid any type of misuse. The usage on your SIM until it is blocked will be your sole responsibility.
Some of the don'ts for using SIM services are mentioned below:
- You should not use international SIM cards while travelling on cruise ships as it catches satellite network and charged as per actual network rates.
- You should not use country-specific SIM card outside the country. It works as an international roaming card and you would have to pay huge amount.
- All toll-free numbers or local directories of the foreign country are charged as per actual rates. Hence, it is better to avoid making calls during your international trip.
- It is preferable not to use GPRS service as auto synchronisation and auto-updates incur huge expenses.
- You should not forget to collect the return receipt from the telecom service provider after returning the inventory to avoid any additional rental charges.
If you keep the above points in mind, you wouldn't face any issue in using the SIM card and wouldn't face unexpected billing amounts. When you share your requirements with telecom experts, they would suggest you the best plan for your trip and will also educate you the ways that can make this service a cost-effective option for your trip.
Once you follow their instructions carefully and real the user manual carefully, you can ensure uninterrupted connectivity at an affordable price.