Many business travellers face difficulty in connecting with people back in their home country during their trip to a foreign destination. While considering an increase in percentage of travellers going abroad, the telecom service providers have partnered with international network providers to ensure uninterrupted connectivity.
There are international prepaid and postpaid SIM available for multiple destinations that make it easier to stay connected round-the-clock. Both the SIM cards have good network connectivity in all international destinations. However, the main point of discussion is that whether you require a SIM card or not for your trip.
Let’s explain you with an example; you are planning to attend the Canton Fair in China. It is a largest trade fair that happens twice in a year in Guangzhou. Many exporters, exhibitors and business professionals attend this fair for bigger and newer business opportunities. During your visit, you will either take a China SIM card from local vendor or carry an international SIM card before your departure. Due to language barrier, you might not get a correct telecom solution to meet your communication needs. Hence, you would bear more cost on your calling and data usage.
On the other hand, if you don’t use any solution, you would stay disconnected with others until you return back from your business trip. Hence, it is advisable to carry a SIM card that keeps you updated about events happening in your absence.
Among prepaid and postpaid solutions, there are few major reasons that make postpaid connection an ideal solution for business travellers. Let’s discuss few of them.
- Country-specific SIM: Whether you are going to attend a seminar or discuss a business proposition, you can easily stay in touch with your business associates and team-mates by taking a country-specific SIM card.
- No Call Drops: While you are at a foreign location, every call becomes important which must be addressed at the right time. Hence, postpaid solutions ensure no call drops due to low balance. You would be able to take all important calls without keeping an eye on the watch.
- Itemised Billing: The transparency in billing cycle ensures that you are charged as per the usage. Usually, the bill is generated on a monthly basis depending on the billing cycle of the destination network.
- Reserve your Number: The idea of renting a new number for your every travel and then sharing it before your departure can become a tedious task. Hence, there is a flexibility to reserve a particular number before every travel so that you don’t have to share the number every time before your travel.
- Door-step Delivery: Taking postpaid SIM cards on rent also provides you an advantage of door-step delivery of cards at no additional costs.
If you also wish to take benefit of hiring an international SIM card, you must also start looking for an ideal postpaid solution that can fulfil your communication needs within your budget.