With so many phone number lookup sites on the internet, how do you choose the best one for you? A good place to start is coming up with key criteria to apply to each service. Here are five criteria you can use to get started:
1) Database. The better phone number name lookup service will include the following information in their database when available for each phone number: Phone owner's name and address information, whether the telephone number is a cell phone or landline, satellite maps, neighbors and relatives, household members, issuing location, owner's address history, and more.
In addition, to what pieces of information the service's database contains you will also want to find out how large it is. Ideally, it will contain information on hundreds of millions of phone numbers. You will also want to find out if database includes cell phone numbers.
2) Customer support. Does the phone number name lookup service provide assistance if you are having difficulty finding the owner's name for a particular telephone number? Make sure the service you are considering offers this service as it can mean the difference between finding or not finding the owner of a telephone number you are researching. To find out if a service offers this service simply go to their FAQ page and see if they list it there.
3) Price. How much does the phone number name lookup service charge? If you need to use the service just once, you can opt for a service with a low one time fee. If you plan on using the service for than once there are some that offer unlimited searches for one year at a special price.
Some services offer both plans. In researching services, the ones I came across charged around $10 to $15 for a one-time search and about $40 for a one-year membership (unlimited searches). Again these are the averages I have come across - you can find some that cost more, or less. But remember, just like many other products and services the cheapest is not always the best value. That's where applying the criteria in this article can be helpful.
By the way, if you decide to use the phone name lookup service for a one-time search find out if they offer any sort of upgrade service. Why? You may just need to lookup one phone number now, but what if it turns out that you need to run another phone number a few weeks down the road? In most cases, upgrading to an unlimited search option for one year is not that more than paying for another one-time search.
4) Money-Back Guarantee. Don't use a phone number name lookup service that does not have a money-back guarantee. Why? Because you don't want to pay for a search only to find out that the service doesn't have the name of the phone number's owner.
By dealing with a reputable service that has a money-back guarantee you can request a refund if your search comes back with no results and they are unable to provide you with any additional information. If the provider you are considering does not advertise a money-back guarantee go to their “FAQs" page (if they have one) and see what their refund policy is. If you can't find any information there then email them.
5) Search feature. Does the phone number name lookup service have a search box where you can type in a telephone number to see if they have it in their database? This is a good way to see if it is even worth signing up for the service because if the telephone number is not in their database then you don't need to bother. However, if the telephone number is in their database then you can sign up with them to get more information. The better services will offer his feature.
Those are the five criteria you can use when selecting a phone number name lookup service. You may come up with some additional criteria. At the very least you now know what to look for, and what questions to ask, to when it comes to choosing the service that's best for you.
If you found this article helpful here are some more tips you can use when it comes to choosing a phone number name lookup service.