Just like regular phone service providers, VoIP companies offer a wide variety of plans and options. Making VoIP phone comparisons can be confusing unless you understand what your specific needs are. Make a list of what you want your VoIP service to be able to do for you, then research and find a company that provides that service and a price that meets your budget.
Below is a breakdown of some VoIP phone service comparisons:
Three of the popular programs available:
* The basic program offers 500 anytime minutes anywhere in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. This plan includes all the free features you could imagine including voicemail, caller id, call waiting, forwarding, three-way calling, free in network calling, mobility, call transfer, *69, repeat dialling and more. There is no annual contract and additional add-ons such as a virtual phone number, adding lines or toll free plus are available at reasonable monthly rates.
* The Premium Unlimited program offers all the basic program with unlimited anytime calls to the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
* Small Business Unlimited includes all the features above plus a free dedicated fax line.
Four popular programs available:
* The basic program offers unlimited calling in state for a flat rate. You choose your own area code and number based on availability and the plan includes standard feature such as voice mail, call waiting, forwarding, call hold, caller ID, transfer and notify. In addition the advanced features of call blocking, priority alert and call manager services are part of all plans.
* Unlimited World plan offers the basic and advanced features with unlimited calling to 21 countries including the US.
* Unlimited World Plus includes 35 countries with all the basic and advanced features.
* Business customers have a separate plan to choose from with many features to choose from including a remote office with alternate numbers.
Three popular programs available:
* Local Plan includes unlimited local calls and low rate on long distance class. The plan includes conference calling, voicemail, call logs, 911 service and fax and modem support to name a few features.
* Service Plan program has unlimited local and long distance calls in the US and Canada. It includes all the features in the Local Plan.
* The CallVantage 2-Line Plan provides unlimited local and long distance calls on the first line, all the standard features, and a second line with 500 long distance minutes.
Check out http://www.why-switch-to-voip.com/ for more articles on VoIP service providers and ‘How to choose a VoIP provider ’.