77% of the cancer cases are related to a person's lifestyle, as reported by the American Institute for Cancer Research. Accordingly, the following types of people are most likely to attract cancer:
1. People who are obese
2. Those who do very little physical activities
3. Those who enjoy oily food
4. Meat eaters and those who consume very little vegetables
6. Heavy drinkers
7. Have a liking for salty stuff
8. Enjoy eating preserved food
9. Those who are under great pressure
10. Those who worry a lot
Here are the 10 tips to keep cancer at arm's length:
1. Watch out for your BMI (body mass index): For Asian it should be around 18.5 to 22.9.
2. Physical activities to make you sweat: You walk, jog, dance, cycle, or climb stairs at least 30 minutes each day.
3. Drink green tea: Green Tea contains antioxidants to stifle cancer.
4. Eat a lot of fresh vegetables: Eating more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes such as beans can help you to prevent cancer of the digestive system.
5. Eat less fat: For example, you drink skimmed milk instead of full cream milk. When you eat chicken just remove the skin. As for cooking try to steam instead of fry.
6. Eat more poultry and less red meat: Eat more chicken and fish instead of pork, mutton and beef.
7. Give up smoking and drinking: It does not matter how old you are. The moment you stop these habits you can reduce the chances of getting cancer.
8. Avoid sugary drinks, food high in added sugar and consume less salty foods: Drink water to quench your thirst instead of carbonated drinks.
9. Breast feeding: It is best for mothers to breastfeed for up to 6 months. According to research breastfed babies have less chances of getting cancer and for the breast feeding mothers the chance of getting breast cancer are much less.
10. Be happy: When you worry and under pressure you are more likely to be a victim of cancer. For those who are always under pressure their immune systems are less active.
Written by Charles Chua C. K at http://allaboutlivingwithlife.blogspot.com Posted originally by the author at : http://allaboutlivingwithlife.blogspot.com/2008/10/cancer-prevention-10-healthy-lifestyle.html