Are you looking to purchase corporate awards for your employees to honor their contribution to your company? I sure hope that you are because in case you forgot, everyone likes a compliment and to know that they're hard work is appreciated. Just knowing that the boss appreciates their work is enough to improve morale and maybe even increase productivity.
Hopefully you know that already though. The part you need help with is the choosing and ordering corporate awards. No problem, I've got you covered there. Below you will find my 7 tips to keep in mind to make the corporate award ordering process easier so the process is easy for you and rewarding for your employees.
1. Order your awards ahead of time - It seems obvious enough but if something goes wrong, like a typo on an award or an order that takes longer to fulfill than was estimated, that extra time you gave yourself to receive your awards will be priceless.
2. Choose an awards company with a customer service department - A small award company might not be able to give you the help you need. As you're choosing and putting together the corporate awards for your staff, a knowledgeable staff will be very helpful every step of the way in getting your awards done right.
3. Know the number of awards you need and your budget - You should know your budget from the start because this is going to help determine what style of awards will be in your price range. Also, many companies will quote you a price based on the number of awards you purchase. Having this information available will save you time as you search your vendor's awards catalog for the perfect employee recognition awards.
4. Choose an award “worthy of the recipient" - Keep your employees expectations in mind when ordering. The award you give is intended to honor the work of your best workers. Your award should have a high “perceived" value even if it isn't an expensive award. Giving an award that looks cheap is almost as bad as not giving anything at all.
5. Consider unique corporate award styles - Plaques are the most popular type of corporate award but certainly not the only one. There are crystal awards, glass statues, obelisks, personalized pens, leather goods and many other types of customizable awards that will be appreciated. Even the plaque can be made with unique materials and customization.
6. Get a finished sample award - Whether it is a completed physical sample or a “virtual" digital sample award, make sure you can see what the finished customized award will look like. Not every idea will translate well into a finished project. Even though your customer service rep should be able to advise you on what works and what doesn't, there's no substitute for actually seeing your customized award first.
7. Ask for a bulk discount - You awards vendor may quote you a price based on the number of awards you're selecting but if they don't - and maybe even if they do, don't forget to ask for a bulk discount. A reputable vendor who thinks long term knows that you will come back year after year for awards and won't mind giving you a discount the first time to win your business.
I hope you've found these awards buying tips helpful! If you're ready to begin shopping for your corporate awards at a reputable company with experienced and helpful staff, search the awards catalog at Corporate Awards Source .