Many organizations are now successfully including teambuilding activities at their staff appreciation events because the payoff is so huge.
In this article you will find:
* Top 10 Reasons to include Teambuilding Activities at your Holiday Staff event
* The Do's of Teambuilding Activities
* The Don'ts of Teambuilding Activities
* How to get it Happening
Top 10 Reasons to include Teambuilding Activities at your Holiday Staff event
* It helps reserved people feel more comfortable about interacting.
* It helps new people feel more included.
* It allows people from different areas of work to get to know each other.
* It can break up silos and humanize a competitive working environment.
* It helps people see each other as people rather than as task machines.
* It creates an atmosphere of goodwill where open communication can thrive.
* It dissolves tension so people don?t feel like they need to drink as much.
* It helps people feel part of a community or family.
* It can improve employee retention and lessen absenteeism.
* It can turn the whole event from boring to fun instantly.
The Do’s of Teambuilding Activities
* Choose activities that are low risk and that honor people?s comfort zones.
* Make it voluntary but attractive to participate in.
* Organize it so that people get around to as many different people as possible.
* Choose a pro who knows how to respectfully break the ice, build a sense of team, and keep them laughing.
* Allow people from all levels of the organization to meet and greet the bosses?it can go a long way to building employee loyalty.
The Don'ts of Teambuilding Activities
* Choose high risk activities that end up being an ?ice-maker?.
* Force people to participate.
* Set it up so that the same people keep interacting.
* Assign an inexperienced facilitator.
* Allow people to sit on the sidelines and watch, it can make people who are participating uncomfortable.
* Exclude upper management.
For an article on “Surviving the Holiday Office Party" go to http://management. about.com/cs/yourself/a/SurOffParty1200.htm
For a free list of teambuilding activities go to http://www.businessballs.com/teambuildinggames.htm
How to Get it Happening
If you want to be thanked for putting on an awesome Holiday Event this year, call a pro to do the teambuilding.
Carla Rieger has 17 years experience working with groups between 10 and 3000 people. She is one of the best in Canada at turning a group of strangers into a bonded community.
Carla Rieger is an expert on creative people skills at work. If you want a motivational speaker, trainer, or leadership coach to help you stay on the creative edge, contact Carla Rieger.
Web site: http://www.carlarieger.com