Because of the increasing demand of online scan for virus attacking our computers, the developers of free antivirus program has made many improvements in the aim to make these online software easy and simple to use as possible. There is no need for difficult navigation, you can do it in only a few simple mouse clicks.
These various scan virus online free products are standalone programs that usually run on the same engine. From time to time, the developers create new features and applications that will make it different from other competitors and get ahead of the competition. There are features that allow the user to determine the scan time and detection rate, remove detected viruses, and scan for signature database of smaller size, rootkits and spyware scanning. There are many others that have become popular to users.
But, what we need to understand is that the online scan for virus is somehow different from the antivirus software we install and use on our PCs. Of course, there are benefits that it provides however, there are also drawbacks that go with it.
The Pros – the good things about Online Free Virus Scan
- Everything is for free.
- Each time you are going to do scanning, you can be sure that you are running on the most updated virus threat database as compiled by the developers.
- Many options of virus scanner products. Most of the time, antivirus installed in PC can only be one but with online scanner, you may try any product you like.
- There will be times that the standalone product you downloaded to the PC is infected by malware. When this happens, you are sometimes not permitted to uninstall and reinstall again since there are viruses that are smart enough to prevent this. This leaves the online virus scan the only option.
- Because it is online, it does not use up any of your window registry space and does not do any changes on your configuration.
The Cons – some disadvantages you may encounter
- Since it is online, it needs very good internet connection. Once the internet slows down, it is ineffective.
- When it comes to proactive scanning, you can only get this feature from standalone virus scanners. Online software will not shield your PC from potential threats. It can only detect virus and remove them but not see potential threats. After scanning, there is a possibility of being infected again.
- There are other viruses residing inside the PC that do not allow online virus scanner into the hard drive thus the detection is not complete.
- What usually happens is that the online scanner found less malware as compared with that of the stand alone scan virus online free .
- You need to be using Internet Explorer with ActiveX to run most of the online scanners.
In conclusion, it is advisable to use online scanners but not all the time, just to make sure safe and secure online scan for virus . Better test these two types so you can see for yourself.