Coconut milk is growing in popularity, thanks to its versatility. Here are some of the reasons why we love coconut milk.
From savouries to desserts
One of our greatest uses for coconut is velvety smooth coconut milk. Coconut milk is tasty and easy to incorporate into our daily routine. What makes South Indian curries so popular is the addition of rich coconut milk. Coconut milk is a chef’s delight as it can be used to make savouries as well as desserts. The taste of coconut ladoos, coconut kheer and coconut barfis is irresistible. No wonder it is an epicurean delight and a healthy choice.
Innumerable health benefits
Coconut milk has an array of health benefits.
- It is loaded with protein, potassium, and iron.
- The fat content in the coconut milk has medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which is actually good for our body. It is quite unlike other fats, which get stored in our body. MCTs don’t need to be broken down and can rapidly be used by the body as energy, and won’t get stored as fat. The calories contained in MCTs are resourcefully transformed into energy for instant use by organs and muscles.
- The lauric acid present in coconut milk can increase good cholesterol and destroy bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Coconut milk also contains Vitamins C and E, and many B vitamins, which are essential for the immune system and helps provide energy to the cells.
- It contains high level of omega 3, 6 and 9 fats along with high amounts of amino acids.
- Coconut milk has healing properties. It can heal damage done to the system in cases of IBS, and Crohn’s disease. It also helps to control the amount of free radicals in the system, and thereby reduce inflammation in joints.
Compared to dairy milk, coconut milk has fewer calories and sugar, comparable calcium and fat, but no cholesterol. It’s healthier and tastier. When compared to cow’s milk and soya milk, coconut milk contains less protein and is easier to digest. Its high level of fibre content makes you feel full without adding extra calories to your diet and helps you to lose weight.
Coconut milk nutrition gives great ability to build up the body’s immune defenses and prevent disease. visit Vashini Exports, one of the best Coconut suppliers in India for buying the standard quality of coconuts.