Whether you are in B2B sales, B2C sales, internet sales, retail sales, or you are in a professional trade features and benefits are what sell your product or service. This is a features and benefits checklist guide for salespeople and business professionals.
Features - Features are the attributes that describe your product or service in detail. Here's what you need to include when describing your product's features:
- Product descriptions, including size, weight, color, etc.
- Technical details
- Product specifications
- Anything else to do with describing the details of your product or service
Benefits - Features describe your product, but the benefits solves a problem for the customer or fulfills a need. In essence, the benefit sells your product or service. Here's what to include when describing your product's benefits:
- How will your product or service solve a problem for the customer?
- How will your service fulfill a client's need?
- In what way is your product better than the competition's?
- Is your price better than the competition's?
- Will your service improve the customer's life? Make her happier? Reduce risk? Make him more productive? Reduce costs in the long run?
- Does your product last longer than the competition's?
- Any other selling features that are appropriate
When compiling your own list of features and benefits, be sure to include any and all that apply to your service or your product. Just remember, the feature describes the product while the benefit sells the product.
Tino Buntic is the creator of TradePals, a service that provides free B2B and B2C sales leads to salespeople, business professionals, entrepreneurs, freelancers, and trades people across North America. Visit the site and create a professional profile to get started.