Would you like to multiply your web site sales? Or course you would, who wouldn't? :) Then take a close look at the following 10 killer ways to multiply your sales. . .
1. When you make a sale, always follow-up with the customer. First you should follow-up with a “thank you" email.
Then, a few days later, you can follow-up up and as them if they are satisfied with their purchase or if they have any questions.
After a certain time, you should follow-up and ask them for their feedback, good or bad and possibly for a testimonial.
All your follow-up messages can include a small advertisement for other products you sell.
If you use a fn automated system to do this, it will not even take a minute of your time to do all the follow-ups.
2. You could upsell to your customers. When they're at your order page, tell them about a few extra related products you have for sale. They could just add it to their original order.
Or you can upsell your visitors from a standard version to a professional version of your product or service.
3. Tell your customers if they refer four customers to your web site, they will receive a full rebate of their purchase price. This will turn one sale into four sales.
This can be easily done placing a refer-a-friend form on your order “thank you" page.
4. When you sell a product, give your customers the option of joining an affiliate program so they can make commissions selling your product. This will multiply the sale you just made.
For example. . . do that in one of your follow-up messages mentioned in the first point above.
5. Sell the reprint/reproduction rights to your products. You could include an ad on or with the product for other products you sell. You could make sales for the reproduction rights and sales on the back end product.
You could also product licenses in bulk at a discounted rate to resellers. Then they can sell it at retail price and keep to profit.
6. You could cross promote your product with other businesses’ products in a package deal. You can include an ad or flyer for other products you sell and have other businesses selling for you.
This is a great way to joint venture with other businesses as it is mutual beneficial for both sides.
7. When you ship out or deliver your product, include a coupon for other related products you sell in the package. This will attract them to buy more products from you.
Of course you can also include coupon codes in one of your follow-up emails.
8. Send your customers a catalog of add-on products for the original product they purchased. This could be upgrades, special services, attachments, etc. If they enjoy your product they will buy the extra add-ons.
If you create an online catalog for delivery by email (again, this is good for another follow-up email), I recommend to use Adobe Acrobat to create a PDF catalog.
This way your customers will be able to read it, no matter what operating system they use on their computer.
9. Sell gift certificates for your products. You'll make sales from the purchase of the gift certificate, when the recipient cashes it in. They could also buy other items from your web site.
To do that online, you could simply send the customer a personal coupon code, that they can on to the lucky person.
10. Send your customers free products with their product package. The freebies should have your ad printed on them. It could be bumper stickers, ball caps, t-shirts etc. This will allow other people to see your ad and order.
Online you could give them free versions or trial copies of your other products, together with their paid product.
Copyright 2004 Frank Bauer
About The Author
Frank Bauer is the owner of Add2it.com - Scripts & Services for your Web Business at http://www.add2it.com and the publisher of the More4you Newsletter at: http://www.more4you.ws
To see how he can help you, visit: http://www.frankbauer.name
Reprint rights to this article are granted, as long as it is not modified and the resources plus this signature remain unchanged.