An automation test engineer resume should include sections such as contact information, objective, technical skills, education, certifications and previous work experience. You can browse the internet and refer the different sample engineer resumes.
This will inform you about the ideal format and sections to be included to customize your own effective resume. It is also necessary to update information regularly. This will increase your chances of getting a desired job.
An automotive test engineer works in the automobile sector and analyzes, inspects the models in the manufacturing unit. You should put special efforts in organizing and drafting an engineer resume. It should be short and concise. You should also take into consideration the requirements of the employer while drafting your own resume.
Some useful tips which will help you to draft an effective automation test engineer resume are described below:
- The sections to be included in the resume are contact information, job objective, summary of your skills, professional experience and education.
- The resume should begin with the contact information. This section contains details such as name, address, phone number and email. The font size of this information should be slightly bigger than the font size to the text included in the resume.
- The objective section is to be included below the contact information. This statement should be concise and related to the position you have applied for. It should clearly state your career goals and the post you wish to apply for in the organization.
- The skills section should contain details about your capabilities and technical skills which are required for the post applied for. You can also include information about familiarity with other computer applications. You can also opt for creating a separate technical skills section.
- The professional experience section should include the details such as the designation, duration and name of the organization. It should include information about the responsibilities undertaken in the previous job. It should begin with the latest work experience followed by others.
- The education section should include the information about the academic details in tabulated form. You can also include the information about honors and awards received. Avoid giving detailed information about all the achievements in it.
- The sections such as skills, education and work experience should be included in bulleted points. It should be related to the post you have applied for. Avoid using long sentences in it. Use the keywords and action words which are related to the field of engineering.
- The formatting should be consistent throughout the sections in the resume. Highlight your key skills and achievements.
- Avoid including personal details such as your height, race, marital status and other personal information. The length of the resume ideally should not be more than two pages.
- Proof read the content included in the resume. This will help you to check out the spelling and grammar mistakes and make the necessary corrections.
- The reference is the last section in the resume. You should include the professional references only.