You've heard me say over and over again that the key to marketing is to take consistent action. If you don't take any action with your marketing, then nothing much is going to happen in terms of finding and keeping your most profitable clients.
One of the ways to help you take consistent action is to have a system (or several systems) for your marketing.
What exactly is a system? There are several definitions but the ones that resonate with me are:
1. A group of interacting, interrelated, or interdependent elements forming a complex whole.
A marketing system is made up of individual steps and tactics that build on each other and form a complete process that enables you to find and keep your most profitable clients.
2. An organized and coordinated method; a procedure.
A marketing system is not put together haphazardly with the “latest and greatest" marketing fad. It is carefully built based on you and your business’ personality, goals, offerings, desires and dreams. It is organized around your time and resources and all works towards the same end result (i. e. your marketing message aimed at your target group).
3. A condition of harmonious, orderly interaction.
Ahhh, doesn't that sound lovely? A harmonious and orderly day where everything that needs to get done, does. . . and there's lots of time left over to daydream, create new things, have fun, live your work (and personal) life to the fullest.
Systems are important in so many ways:
* they allow you to accomplish things
* they help you actually do your marketing plan
* they make marketing easier, faster and less work
* they help you focus
* they help you put many tasks on auto-pilot
* they aid you in delegating and out-sourcing work
* they provide a framework or road map
* they allow you to get things done quicker and therefore see results quicker
* they allow you to stay on track and not get detoured by every nifty idea that flies in front of you or that you come up with
* they make sure nothing falls through the cracks and you don't miss out on money or opportunities
I encourage you to take a look at your mindset towards systems and especially marketing systems. Lots of us small business owners view systems as a straight-jacket on our creativity and dreams. But actually, systems will help pave the road to achieving all that you want to, and let's face it, need to.
Start looking at ways that you can systematize your business and start reaping the freedom faster than you thought possible!
Jody Gabourie, The Small Business Marketing Coach, teaches simple, innovative and powerful marketing strategies to help business owners find and keep their most profitable clients. To learn more about how she can help you take your business to the next level, and to sign up for her FREE special report, ezine and articles, visit her site at http://www.JodyGabourieMarketingCoach.com