Want to guarantee success in any marketing program? Here’s a tip: try looking at your existing customers, first. While not profound, plenty of businesses need to be reminded.
I don’t mean putting together some wishy-washy, lukewarm appreciations that most businesses have like calendars, birthday cards or fruit baskets. I mean grabbing insight into your customers that’s so intense that it’s not new customers, but old customers that end up adding to your growth.
Taken together, both old and new customers are a powerhouse to more sales and profits. I don’t know who first said, “Your best prospects are your existing customers, ” but what a simple statement.
Are you putting your marketing efforts into your existing customers? Reselling? Upselling? Cross-selling, to them? Are you staying in touch, everyway possible?
Try it. Use package inserts, regular mailings, special offers, coupons, referral letters, short notes, article clippings, emails … the point is to stay in touch. This gets them used to you, and puts you first when they need to buy.
Follow these steps to more customer sales, and more business:
1. Keep in touch. All customers want to feel special and that you have an interest in their needs.
2. Provide reassurances after purchase. Every time a customer places an order, call them a few days later and see how it’s going. This will keep the “post-purchase” devil from rearing his ugly head.
3. Give customers the best deals possible … including guarantees that you can get away with.
4. Use ‘preferred pricing’ – let ‘old’ customers in on the best deals. Give them first crack at buying before new customers.
5. Build trust. Be honest. Think about the people or business you buy from. It’s probably because you trust them. People do business with those they trust.
Remember: people bought from you. They’ll keep buying and re-buying only if they have a good experience and … of course … hear from you regularly. Follow these rules and you’ll Grow Clients
Daryl T. Logullo is the Founder of Strategic Impact! a referral consultancy located in Vero Beach, Fla. He concentrates heavily on alliance and referral building strategies for today's professional. Get a Free Report, “The Most Powerful Referral ‘Secret’ Ever Discovered, " instantly delivered at http://www.strategic-impact.com/Rule
Get over 50+ FREE marketing and referral tools here: http://www.Marketing-Referral-Tools.com