It is often difficult to manage to do marketing tasks when you have a busy business or professional practice. Here are 10 ideas each of which take 5 or 10 minutes and can be done between appointments or when you take a break from working on a large project.
1. Call a former client to ask for referrals. Staying in touch with former clients can be a great way to get referral business. Create a list of clients you want to touch base with and call one a day.
2. Send a handwritten note to someone you met at a meeting recently. Handwritten notes stand out from the usual array of junk mail most people receive.
3. Email or call a potential referral source to set up a meeting. Schedule it for lunch or coffee before you start your day. This will get you working on another marketing activity on another day.
4. Call the program chairperson of an organization you want to speak to about setting up a speaking engagement. Once you find a place to speak you can do the outline mentioned in 5 on another day.
5. Create an outline for an article or presentation you want to write or give.
6. Call a prospect to find out if he/she is ready to become a client.
7. Send an article with a note to a client or prospect on a topic you know he/she is interested in.
8. Order a thank you gift on the web or by phone to be sent to someone who just referred a client to you.
9. Publish an article you have written on an article bank website.
10. Register for your next networking event. Most organizations allow you to do this online. Even if you have to write a check or call someone it won't take long. Don't forget to put the date on your calendar!
Alvah Parker is a Business and Career Coach as well as publisher of Parker’s Points, an email tip list and Road to Success, an ezine. Parker’s Value Program© enables her clients to find their own way to work that is more fulfilling and profitable. Her clients are managers, business owners, sole practioners, attorneys and people in transition. Alvah is found on the web at http://www.asparker.com. She may also be reached at 781-598-0388.