If you own a business or are responsible for adverting and/or marketing, sales materials such as flyers, postcards, brochures, catalogs, and the like, can play a particularly significant role in your success. They can save you countless hours meeting with prospects, telling and retelling your story, filling in the details, and following up with customers. In order to be successful, you have to focus on an effective sales and marketing plan to promote your business. Direct marketing with a well designed flyer can achieve great results for generating new sales and retaining established customers.
Designing a Must-Have flyer is important in conveying your message and promoting sales. Using the following guidelines when creating your flyer can help achieve this goal.
Flyer Design Tips:
1. Target Your Audience. Your flyer should have a message that will show the benefit or the result of using your product or service. A flyer should create a clear call to action. It should invite customers to place an order, attend an event or call for a consultation, etc.
2. Use Eye-catching Graphics or Photographs to create Interest. Photos or illustrations should draw reader to your message or explain more about your product or service. Make sure your flyer is created in high resolution so it comes out crisp and clear. Commercial printers require 300 dpi for optimum quality printing.
3. Simple language will Sell. No matter how great your message is, few people will read every word. Be sure your flyer includes your most important points in the places most often read-the headlines, subheads, and captions. Make your points stand out.
4. Simplicity works. Good design doesn't have to be complicated. Keep your layout simple. People new to design tend to make text and graphics too big and/or too bold. Limit yourself to two typefaces to minimize the visual confusion.
5. Feel is important. Your choice of paper stock for your flyer can create a sense of trust and confidence. A paper weight of 100Ib instead of 80Ib shows your commitment to quality and can extend this trait to your product. Be sure also to get an aqueous coating on your flyer. Some printers charge extra for this. Don't give up quality for price. Look for a printer that offers 100Ib as standard and free aqueous coating. This way you are getting the best value for the price.
6. Be sure to combine all components The attractiveness and quality of the flyer is important in sending the correct message but make sure you also pay attention to design, color, interesting photos and graphics as well as the weight and finish of the paper.
Every business needs to get their message out. Flyers are an excellent advertising tools for all types of businesses. Flyers are ideal for reaching a targeted market and have many uses. They can be distributed in different locations, can be a direct mail piece, or used as a handout at trade shows. They are cheap and effective. Follow the tips mentioned above when creating a flyer and you will create a valuable tool with a great return on your investment.
For free samples and more information about must-have flyer printing, go to: http://www.colorprintingpros.com
About The Author:
Sylvia Bronstein, started her successful career in the New York advertising scene, she has been developing effective advertising, sales and marketing literature for more than 30 years. Specializing in small and medium size businesses, she is currently using her extensive experience writing articles and working as a consultant.