These ten principles are patterned after the Ten Principles of Highly Ethical Business Leaders.
1. Treat all downline and potential business partners as unique and valuable individuals.
Isn't it about time we put a stop to looking at people as if they had dollar signs on their foreheads? Let's be thoughtful and courteous to everyone we meet.
2. Support each downlines freedom, growth, and development.
While there is something to be said about duplication, there is also something to be said about allowing a person the freedom to build their business within their own comfort zone.
Don't create a political or spiritual platform in the business.
3. Communicate to downline by name with respect.
Call and visit your downline regularly and find out if you can help them accomplish their goals.
4. Model and encourage a balanced life of good work and rest.
Schedule time for your family as well as time for your business. Seek balance.
5. Honor and respect downlines families.
That means it's OK to miss a Network Marketing meeting for a family wedding, graduation or other important event.
6. Protect downlines life, safety, finances, and health.
I was told of a distributor that stole a downline's Social Security Number and placed orders on their behalf in order to hit a qualification. It's no wonder our industry has a poor reputation. We can change it.
7. Create an environment free of harassment.
Treat the opposite sex with proper respect at all times.
8. Be fair and just in financial matters.
Do not encourage anyone to buy anything that would place him or her in financial harm
9. Communicate honestly and truthfully.
Be honest: Don't exaggerate, boast or brag.
10. Cultivate a positive attitude toward others and their accomplishments.
Encourage, serve and uplift those around you, whether they are on your team or not. Work out your real challenges with those involved - face to face.
Ty Tribble was recently featured in Entrepreneur magazine and is the author of the MLM - Network Marketing Blog . Ty has helped 18 people make over $1,000 a month with Oasis LifeSciences in the last 4 months.