From pulp and paper, to automotive and water treatment plants, heat exchangers are widely used.
Moreover, a heat exchanger is a device that is used to transfer heat from one fluid to another fluid and at the same time preventing the two fluids from coming in contact with one another. Specifically, there are three main types of heat exchanger. They are as follows: air-cooled, shell and tube, and plate heat exchangers.
In detail, air cooled heat exchangers are commonly used in industrial applications where a reliable source of water is not available as a cooling medium. Even if water is available, in some cases, air cooled exchangers are favored for economic or operational reasons - because dedicated cooling water circuits, pumps, water cooling systems and water conditioning systems add complexity and capital requirements, as well as operating and maintenance costs.
Air cooled heat exchangers has a wide range of application and usable through various operating conditions. It is used in upstream production, refineries and petrochemical plants. It is operational even in high temperatures, high pressure, corrosive fluids and environments.
- Common Applications:
- Gas Re-injection
- Gas Lift and Pipeline Applications
- Cooling and Condensing of hydrocargon Gases
- Cooling of Machinery Oil and Heavy Hydrocarbons
Air cooled steam condensers are a special type of heat exchanger employed to condense steam at the exhaust end of steam turbines for both power generation and mechanical drive applications.
Heat exchangers are made up of cast iron, aluminum and steel, titatinum, bronze, or copper. Liquid continuously flow through this devices. Because of this, corrosion is one of the biggest problem faced by those using this device.
For these reasons, manufacturers are always looking for ways to prevent this from happening. Well, FBM Hudson Italiana is certainly what you are looking for. The company is among the largest suppliers of Air Cooled Heat Exchangers of various applications. Be it for refineries, air condensers for low vacuum steam in power planst or for chmical plants.
Other advantages offered by air cooled heat exchangers are listed below:
- no need of cooling water or other cooling media
- no problem arising for thermal and chemical pollution of cooling fluids
- flexibility for any plant location and plant plan arrangement (installation over other units)
- reduction of maintenance costs (cleaning limited, when needed to the inside of exchanger tubes)
- no need of over sizing of the equipment due to tube fouling
- easy installation by bolted assembly
Process gas waste heat boilers are offered by FBM Hudson Italiana as well. Moreover, the use of Process Gas Boilers in process gas cooling is widespread in industrial plants and represents an important market for FBM Hudson Italiana. FBM Hudson Italiana is specialised in fire tube waste heat boilers. Process gas waste heat boilers has a wide range of application. Among them are in:
- Ammonia plants
- Methanol plants
- Hydrogen plants
- Nitric and Cyanidric acid plants-
- Styrene plants
- Sulphuric acid plants
- Claus plants
Furthermore, FBM Hudson Italiana design and manufacture all types of Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers either according to classification as per TEMA standards or by direction of flow and exotic materials.
- High Pressure, High Temperature Exchangers
FBM-Hudson Italiana has developed design and manufacturing know-how to prevent hydrogen and high temperature embrittlement and cracking of the base material and the disbonding of the stainless steel weld overlays which may occur in Shell &Tubes Exchangers for Hydrocraking, Hydrosulphurisation, Residue Desulphurisation, and similar applications.
- High Efficiency Design Exchangers
FBM-Hudson Italiana designs and manufactures the following types of enhanced performances exchangers:
· Rod Baffles Exchangers (Phillips license)
· Helix Exchangers according to ABB license
· Low finned tubes exchangers
· Special configurations for tubular reactors
- Special Metallurgy Exchangers
FBM-Hudson Italiana main products with special metallurgy are:
· High Pressure Urea Exchangers with Titanium and/or Duplex Stainless Steel
· Large Exchangers for PTA plants with Titanium and /or Duplex Stainless Steel
· High Pressure Exchangers for seawater applications with Titanium
- Special Manufacturing Processes
FBM-Hudson Italiana has the capability to design and manufacture exchangers with complex features and arrangements:
· Back face welding
· Multiwall and Multilayers Shells
· Vertical Floating Head Exchangers
· Large exchangers for LNG and PTA plants
In the same way, the significant part of manufacturing in FBM KNM FZCO is represented by the manufacturing of Pressure Vessels, columns and towers, Heavy Wall Thickness, Jackets Pressure Vessels, High Pressure & Low Pressure Piping, Boiler Stacks and Storage Tanks, Desalination components, and reactors.
In conclusion, the vast experience in this fields allow FBM-Hudson Italiana to work together with clients to achieve their specific objectives offering our clients not only the supply of equipment, but also complete service and assistance.
For information about related equipments visit the links below: