If you've been job hunting in today's unusual job marketplace, you know what I mean when I say things are tough! Especially since 9/11 and Katrina.
You've probably tried all the traditional techniques:
* posted resumes all over the place
* contacted some agencies & recruiters
* answered dozens of ads
* went on a couple unproductive interviews
* waited and waited for the phone to ring
And you've probably been disappointed with the results. Resumes go unanswered. The phone doesn't ring. Getting that dream job has turned into a nightmare. Worst of all, you're upset, frustrated and downright depressed.
Now, if you could invest time and energy into your job search like it was your own business . . . like your whole future and livelihood depended on it . . . you would probably do things a lot differently.
For example, you would take a more business-like approach to your job candidacy:
1. Build a highly-desirable product . . . YOU!
2. Consider the job marketplace as a competitive arena.
3. Package yourself in a way to attract maximum attention.
4. Think of prospective employers as buyers of your product.
5. Target only those employers who are right for you.
6. Promote yourself to them by every available means.
7. Master effective selling techniques.
8. Negotiate like a pro.
If you could take this approach, think how FAST your job search would go if you didn't have to worry about all those traditional job search procedures:
* No writing and rewriting a fancy resume
* No endless mailings and postings
* No hassling agencies and recruiters for interviews.
* No more “help wanted" ads.
* No nail-biting waiting for the phone to ring.
* No unnerving interviews.
* No more unanswered follow-ups.
Everything changes when you view your job search like an entrepreneur.
Paul Megan manages EEI, the world class leader in alternative and non-traditional career advancement since 1985. Check out The World's Fastest Job Search System! Grab EEI's stunning FREE REPORT: “How To Lock Up A High-Paying Job In 14 Days (Or Less)!" http://www.fastest-job-search.com