As we all know, college can drain your wallet fast. I am now entering my senior year of college and know just how hard it is to find some extra cash, either for entertainment or other reasons. There are many ways to make money these days, and some of the online methods are quite easy. Although there are even more possibilities, here are 5 ways to make money:
1. Get a Job- Obviously, the easiest way to make money is to get a job in your area. Fast food restaurants and grocery stores are usually willing to help students balance their time between school and work. Even better would be to work at one of the locations on your campus as they will be even more helpful in working with your schedule.
2. Sell Textbooks- As a college student I know how much textbooks cost. I am usually charged a hefty price for the books and at the end of the semester they will buy them back for an unreasonably low amount (what a ripoff, right?). This is where you can profit. Post signs around your campus and advertise the books you have. You can sell them for half of what the bookstore costs and you will make a profit as well as helping out another student. There are also websites that will buy textbooks from you.
3. eBy- Although I have not personally used eBay for this purpose, there are plenty of people who make nice money on eBay. You can sell the household items you no longer use and get some extra cash. If you are skilled you may be able to buy broken items, fix them, and sell them back. You can try this, but again I haven't done it and therefore don't know how to offer more detailed advice.
4. Online Surveys- One easy way to make a little extra money is with online survey sites. But be careful, there are tons of survey sites out there and many are scams. Only join the free survey sites because companies NEED you, so why would they expect you to pay to help them? You should NEVER pay to join a survey site. If you join multiple free sites though, this may earn you a little extra cash.
5. Affiliate Marketing- This is what I recommend the most. You can spend as much or as little time as you want to on it and still earn money. You basically put affiliate links to products online and if someone buys them, you get part of the commission pay. There is a lot more involved though, and there may be more work involved initially. If you use blogs (or any online community sites such as facebook), then it would be even easier for you to simply put a link on your site and earn a little extra money. I personally make most of my money with affiliate marketing, which gets easier over time and takes up less of your time.
No matter which path you choose, you should be able to scrounge up a little extra money to pay for school or just for fun. Hopefully this article has been of some help to those of you who, like me, need a little extra money for college. Good luck to all of you!
Also, if you would like to learn more about affiliate marketing, then you should look into the program called Wealthy Affiliate. For a small fee (that you can easily recover) you get all the tools and resources to learn how to get into this easy business. This is where I have learned everything I know about affiliate marketing and I truly recommend it. To learn more, please go to this website for more information about Wealthy Affiliate and how to get started.