Every Chicago model, novice or veteran knows how important your head shot can be. As your first impression on a potential client or agent, having a strong image to represent yourself is a major key to success in the Chicago modeling scene. It is important to remember a few guidelines when choosing a photographer to work with.
You must know what a photographer is looking for before you agree to a photo shoot. What looks, styles and expectations you have versus what your photographer has can be drastically different. If you are new to a Chicago modeling agency, ask your agent for help, and ALWAYS do your research before you agree to work together. . .
Work with photographers that will benefit and increase your portfolio's strength. Try to get as many “looks" as possible, in to your port. This will broaden your work possibilities! Try get Edgy looks, combined with Fitness, Fashion, and Glamour. You never know which “look" your client may prefer when booking trade show models in Chicago.
You should always sign an agreement for every photo shoot; even if it is a TFP or TFCD. You need to have control over the future use of your images.
* For modeling assignments under $1000.00 ask for cash payments.
* Do not take checks (even if the amounts are over $1000.00) from individuals or from small companies that you or others have not heard about before. In these cases ask for cash or a certified check.
* If you need to travel for an assignment, make sure your airfare is paid for in advance and by the client.
* Never agree to pay for airfare and then have your client reimburse you.
* Agree in advance on the nature of the modeling assignment, the duration and the fees. If the fees are under $1000.00 you may agree to an email outlining the assignment and the fees. If the fees are higher, you definitely want to obtain a contract and legal counsel.
* Keep receipts for all your expenses that are not included in the hotel charges, like taxis, limos, lunches, etc. for reimbursement by your client.
Try to keep your photos as natural as possible. There is nothing worse than false representation to a client! If your photo shows blond hair, flawless skin, and green eyes, you should show up at the event with blond hair, flawless skin, and green eyes. While a little acne can always be photoshopped out of a print ad, there is no photoshop for real life! Represent yourself proudly, and accurately.
Lastly, do not allow anyone to talk you into shooting nude or topless photos. Contrary to what the photographer may tell you, photos like this have no place in the circuit of Chicago trade shows and promotions. You never know when those nude photos you had taken will resurface or what kind of effects it will have on your life when it does!
Once you have found a Chicago photographer that you know will help you increase your personal brand-strength, circulate your photos to different Chicago modeling agencies. Remember to treat each photographer with respect, showing up on time and ALWAYS remaining professional!
If you have photos of yourself you would love to Ocean Model Group to consider, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org