Writing letters is a daunting task for many. Whether the letter is formal or personal, you have to choose the right words and ensure that you are using the proper format. This is especially true if you are writing a letter to woo someone.
Letter writing is truly an art, and when writing love letters, you have to be creative to catch the attention – and the heart – of the person receiving the letter. Below are a few tips that can help you win in the battle of courtship through letters.
1. Draw inspiration. Before writing your letter, listen to love songs or read love poems. Look back on your memories with the person you are courting – read old communication such as messages and look at pictures you have together. All these may be a source of inspiration to make your letter romantic. You can use parts of songs or poems, or use these as a guide to write your own love poem.
2. Catch and maintain lasting attention with a good beginning and ending. Your salutation and valediction would be the first and last thing the recipient would read. Make a lasting impression by creating an endearing greeting.
3. Generously express your love and affection. Tell the person why you fell in love with him/her. It would be more romantic if you could describe when you first saw the person, how you felt, and how you feel as time passes. You can also pattern the entire letter’s body into a story, poem, or song. Use descriptive words but do not be overly dramatic. Make sure the romantic tone does not become erotic.
4. Pay attention to spelling and grammar. Your love letters should not only be creative but should also be carefully written. A perfectly written letter shows the reader that you are intelligent
5. Use beautiful pen and paper. Do not use ordinary paper and pen in writing love letters. Take time to look for paper that the reader would appreciate – from color to scent – and then look for a pen that would be readable and look good on the selected stationery. Write the letters with your own hand. If you are good at visual arts, you can even paint ordinary paper with a background such as a light drawing or painting of the reader’s face.