Scratch tickets are fun and innovative way to grow your business. They give your customers and potential customers a chance to win varying percentages of their total sale or even a freebie with their next order. It is up to you to decide what the prize on the winning tickets will be. You can easily make these yourself with scratch stickers that are readily available or you can have them custom printed.
1. When mailing out bills add a scratch off ticket inside the envelope along with every check you write and mail. Someone has to open those envelopes and you never know – they may just be interested in what you have to offer.
2. Next time you visit the doctor, go to the hair saloon or wait at the car repair place, ask if you can leave some of your scratch tickets in the waiting area. Others are waiting there every day, just like you and will pick up your tickets. Once you find a few good places, make it a point to stop by once a week or so to restock the waiting area with fresh scratch tickets.
3. Hand out scratch off tickets during craft shows, street fairs & festivals. You could give them out randomly, within a catalog or when customers buy something from you. You can either make them valid for the duration of the festival or show to encourage immediate sales, or give your visitors a month to redeem their prize.
4. When participating in “Prim Pack Swaps" or “Mom Pack Swaps" use scratch off tickets instead of business cards. This will make you stand out from all the other participants that are still using business cards and it is a lot more fun to the recipient.
5. Include a scratch off ticket with all outgoing orders. Use specific dates on your tickets to promote future sales. This is something I like to do during November & December. I use dates such as valid through January 1st through February 28th of the following year. This helps to drum up business during slow months.
I encourage you to give scratch tickets a try. You will be amazed at the amount of new business you can generate with these little cards. They are unique and fun and will catch someone’s attention. Make them a part of your marketing efforts and watch your business grow.
Christy Townzen is dedicated to helping small business owners achieve a professional look for their business printed items including scratch tickets with her http://www.printmeprim.com website. She also loves teaching those who want to learn more about paper crafting through her free tutorials at http://www.kraftoutlet.com