Let’s face it. The trend for personalizing items have been in fashion for a long time and is here to stay for sure. Personalizing store bought items, along with other products in the market, catered to niches who knows what they truly want.
Customizing your postcards is no new concept. All the enabling technologies have allowed manufacturers, producers, and specifically printers to offer customization among their services.
Printers now welcome the demand of clients who need to express their creativity through their prints more than ever. The advances in printing technology made printing more flexible and accommodating, obliging different sizes, shapes, and paper stocks.
Why settle for commercial postcards and spend hours looking for the right one that expresses your intentions? Sure there are small boutiques who offer limited edition postcards and stores that professionally design the print you want, yet it still spells a great difference when your postcards are personalized.
You save a lot of time and money by making your own postcards, especially if you plan to send these postcards to everyone on your address book. By personalizing and making your own postcards you don’t have to spend those precious hours visiting one store to another? You don’t have to search rack upon racks of postcards only to find nothing that comes close to what you had in mind.
You’re the boss when it comes to your postcard printing designs. You can put in as much as you want or as little at all. Here are some ideas to start you off with your personalized postcards.
1. Why not sketch the place or make your own painting on these landmarks? Even though landscape photos have always been a theme in postcards, recreate it by drawing them yourselves.
The place you’ve been will certainly be a different sight to behold. Not only will your friends get to view the places you’ve been, they can see it through your eyes.
2. Photos with great composition can be more inspiring and be more appreciated than photos that are poorly taken or those which explicitly show just monuments and famous streets.
A photo can ably tell a story or tell more about the customs and traditions of the places you’ve been. Just by hinting or subtly taking pictures of elements that can immediately signify where you’ve been or the atmosphere of the place is enough.
The same principle holds true, no matter the purpose of the postcard – if it is to be used as a simple hello card or an invitation. Choose photos that are of great composition. It’ll make a better impression to your recipients.
3. Captions are a great way to frame your postcards. Instead of trying to simply state where you are, say a short description about your photo or image.
If it’s you in the photo, you can describe what you were feeling at the exact same moment and what you are trying to do or who else are in the background with you. You can go on and describe what your image is all about and articulate on other details about it.
Captions also save up more space. Instead of talking about what the picture is all about at the back, you proceed on writing more details at the back of the postcard.
If you don not like to the idea of using captions like they do in newspapers, you may incorporate the text in your design.
Another option is to blend the text within the picture. Discreetly place your text within the photo and use colors that aren’t too loud or those that highly contrasts the text against the picture.
4. Personalized postcards allows you to create a patchwork of objects and pictures that follow the theme or purpose of your postcards. You can combine your artworks, creative shots, pictures of ordinary objects, places and the like to weave together one theme. Integration is the key element here.
5. Use special jobs like die cutting, foil stamping or embossing to change the physical appearance of your postcard. Make the edges round or make your text printed in silver or gold.
The key to personalized postcards is not only in creating wonderful designs or making its physical shape or feel different. It’s about you exercising your creative energy and making an artwork you can share.
Please visit Los Angeles Printing for more information and related articles on Postcard Printing and other Printing Services .