While traveling by plane has become popular, affordable, and quick, another problem has reared its head, parking at airports. Often the flight time is shorter than the time taken to find a parking slot.
One off-shoot of increased security is a great reduction in the number of parking slots on-site at airports. The booking, costs, and time are escalating and forcing travelers to seek more feasible alternatives like using of-site airport parking facilities or finding other means of transport to get to the airport like a cab.
Here are a few tips that can help you get the best off-site airport parking:
1. Use online booking facilities. Many websites like www.parkingcompany.com handle off-site lots at several major airports. And you can even choose to print out an e-booking coupon for any of the company run locations. This way you will have reserved your parking days before you have to leave for the airport.
2. Surf the net and try and find websites that indicate where of-site parking lots in particular airport are located. This way you will be able to book your parking space at a lot that is more conveniently located rather than book parking at an off-site airport parking lot blindly.
3. Many off-site parking lots have a free shuttle service or offer to pick up your car from the airport itself. Find out what services are available at different parking lots.
4. If you are a member of AAA or any other organization you may be entitled to either a discounted price or a pick-up or drop offer from off-site parking lots that have made special arrangements with AAA or other such affiliated organizations. Many sites with tie-ups may offer you several advantages that will make your travel much easier.
5. Find out which off-site parking lot will allow you to choose your slot, and treat you like a king. Many off-site parking lots offer free services like getting your car washed for you when you return, change oil for you at a cost, and what is more you don’t have to run miles lugging your bags. When you arrive you can just leave the keys and an attendant will carry your bags to a shuttle and hand over the coupon. Many off-site parking attendants are courteous and give friendly service.
By choosing to park at an off-site parking lot you are sure that your space is reserved, and you will not waste any time circling airport lots endlessly looking for parking. What is more you may even save money on parking by availing internet booking and other discounts.
By choosing to park at an off-site airport parking lot you will save time spent in security screenings and searches. Off-site lots provide transportation to departure terminals twenty-four hours a day.
Barry Allen is a freelance writer for http://www.1888airportparking.com , the premier website to find help on airport parking search including cities such as Philadelphia airport parking, Newark airport parking, Oakland airport parking, Seattle airport parking, and many more cities. He also freelances for Airline Tickets Site http://www.1888airlinetickets.com