In the world of today you must be able to think creatively in order to promote your business. One way to do this is by starting and maintaining a blog. A blog can increase profits in your product or service business in a relatively short time.
A blog is short for web log. They are web sites that are set up by several different companies so that people can choose a simple template and format to present their information on the internet. Blogs are extremely popular, but their use and popularity has barely scratched the surface of the world wide web. Every two seconds someone starts a new blog. Many of these are simply online journals and are quickly abandoned. But the use of blogs and blogging as a business platform is just in its infancy.
When you decide to use a blog keep these 5 ideas in mind:
- Choose a simple design for your blog. Especially in the beginning, an uncomplicated format will be easier to use.
- Think about what you are going to write before you post to your blog.
- Write about your product or service so that your clients and other readers can learn more about your industry.
- Use a conversational manner when you write on your blog. You want people to feel like you are talking directly to them.
- Post to your blog at least twice a week. The search engines will spider your blog more frequently if you write more often.
Connie Ragen Green is a small business marketer. To find out more ways to develop your small business into a profitable money machine visit http://www.SmallBusinessUnMarketing.com