Teleconferences, also known as teleseminars, are fast becoming one of the most valuable strategies you can use to increase your market position, your lead generation list and your profit margins. You can quickly become known as an expert in both your field and market through the power of teleconferences.
Why Host A Teleconference? Consultants, coaches, speakers and trainers can literally make tens of thousands - even hundreds of thousands – of high profit margin dollars without ever having to leave home.
Vendors can easily educate their client base through the proper use of teleconferences. By doing this you are becoming a more valuable resource to clients.
Benefits of Teleseminars Here are only a few of the benefits of teleconferences and teleseminars:
You can feasibly host and record a call then distribute the audio file via the Interent with no hard costs whatsoever. Depending on the purpose of your call, this low-cost method will be very acceptable. There may be times when you may need a more professional recording. In this instance, you will need to invest in very high quality recording equipment, editing services and distribution methods.
Those of us who have done extremely well at revenue generations from teleconferneces have been trained by a qualified expert. In addition, we have a clear vision of what we want to accomplish and we prepare for the sale.
Planning a Successful Teleconference
There are countless individuals who have failed miserably when they have attempted to make money from teleconferences. Often it is because they have not been trained in how to position the call, create enough of a market demand for what they are selling, there is no call to action, nor do they have a solid follow-up plan.
With the right vision, planning and action steps, you can do extremely well with teleconferences. Here are a few of the steps involved in successful teleseminars.
1. Decide on the purpose and topic of the call. Is it to inform, educate, motivate, inspire or promote?
A simple way to determine the topic (and purpose) of the call is to address a problem your market needs a solution to. Ask your market using an online survey or even by sending a fax or letter to a portion of your market to receive great input.
2. Pick a suitable date and time based on your market. For some markets, daytime works best. For others, evenings. Find a time that works best for your audience.
3. Secure a bridge line. A bridge line enables callers to dial a single phone number and hear each other as if they were in the same room. There are numerous services available ranging from free to very high fee.
4. Market the session. How you do this will be determined on whether or not the call is open to the public or only a select group of your current clients are invited.
5. Host the call.
6. Develop support materials. You may want to consider providing a handout or learning guide for the call. This allows your listeners to easily follow along, write down points that are especially important to them, and refer back to the notes long after the call is over.
Additionally, you can use the learning guide as a promotion piece for other products and services you have available.
7. Record the session. There are software programs available that allow you to record from your phone and computer. Some experts prefer this method while others prefer to outsource all the recording, editing and distribution of the audio file and call transcripts.
8. Follow-up. After the call you should have a definite plan of when and how you will follow-up with those who were on the call and those who were unable to make it. If you are selling a product or service, sales are often made hours, or even days, after the call is over.
Selling on the back-end of the call is an art and science. Those of us who are making thousands of dollars per call don’t dare leave it to chance. If you don’t have a great plan in place you may miss thousands upon thousands of dollars in potential revenues.
You can also use a teleconference to promote other products and services you offer such as eProducts, books, training program, mentoring session, and/or coaching sessions.
You may be pleasantly surprised at how powerful a tool teleconferencing can be for both you and your business.
Kathleen Gage, aka The Street Smarts Speaker and Author, is an award winning entreuprunuer, keynote speaker and bestselling author. She works with speakers, trainers, authors and consultants consulting on how to gain massive visibility on the Internet. Access her FREE eBook – The Truth About Making Money on the Internet - http://www.streetsmartsmarketing.com/free-ebook.htm