Toll free numbers are no longer only for big corporations. If you have a business today, and want to be seen as serious, you absolutely need a toll free number.
Why do you need an 800 number? Here are only a few of the reasons:
- Your customers will know they are valued: after all, you are footing the bill for their benefit.
- In your customer's eyes, your 800 number places you at the same level with the more prestigious, service-oriented companies.
- You can use it as a marketing or sales tool. Starting a specific marketing campaign to which you assign a toll free number, will help you measure the success in real time.
- Helps you increase your sales: it's so much easier to pick up the phone and call, when you know you don't have to pay! Then, once you have your potential on the line, studies show your dollar value per order can increase ads much as 40%, because of the excellent opportunity for up-sells.
- Customers are more likely to call for assistance if there is a toll free number available.
You also don't have to get a separate line for your 800 number, but instead you can receive the calls through your regular business line.
So, you decided to get a toll free number. Then here are a few suggestions for things to look out when getting a toll free number:
- make sure you know exactly what your cost will be.
- find you if you can redirect your calls to another number, in case you need to: after all, the purpose of a toll free number is to get people calling you, and talking to you. So, if you are out of the office, or away on some business, having your calls transferred to your cell phone will be very useful.
- see if you can get a vanity number. What is a vanity number? It's a series of numbers that if typed on your phone keypad spells something memorable about your company. This is great for branding purposes, and makes you toll free number more memorable.
Adriana Copaceanu helps gift professionals grow their business. She also offers affordable web design to the gift industry at her gift basket portal .