When applying for a job, one of the questions might be how much is the desired salary. If the asking price is too high, the chances of being called back for a another interview or being accepted are slim. Should it be low, the applicant might get it and is probably selling oneself short.
This can be avoided by doing some research. There are salary indexes available from various sources, which could tell the individual the right amount for the desired position.
No matter what happens, it may not be enough for the employee. It is too early to ask for a raise so something has to be done to make some make extra money. Here are some ideas for those who don’t mind getting a sideline.
1. Items on the shelves don’t sell that much without a little promotion. The person can get a part time job as a clerk handing out product samplers. There are some companies who give the employee commission aside from the basic salary for being up there in front.
2. Who doesn’t love parties? Believe it or not, this is the strategy that a lot of direct selling companies engage in when selling a product. Some examples of these are Amway and Herbalife wherein an agent will demonstrate something with astounding results that gets people to buy the merchandise.
3. A lot of movies are made every year and even before it hits the box office, the producers already know if it will be a hit. How? By having special screenings to an audience that will view and rate it. The person will just sign up and join the other viewers then get paid after answering the questionnaire.
4. For more than 50 years, talk and game shows have hit the airwaves. Some of the people who buy tickets are really there to watch it. Not everyone in the audience is there for the same purpose because some are paid to cheer.
Is it boring to watch a movie or a show? No because it is a different film and topic every time making each one a unique experience.
5. The best way to create brand awareness is advertising. This isn’t always done using ads in billboards, TV or the radio. A cheaper way to do this will be to put ads on a bus, a taxi or the person’s car. The individual will do the normal routine like driving to and from work and get paid for ads that are seen along the way by the public.
6. Companies engage in market research before launching a new product. There are different ways of doing this but it will be great to participate in a few and get paid for it.
There are other great ideas out there that can make the person earn some extra dough. The nice thing about it is that each assignment should the individual decide to take it is short which will be finished in a short period of time.
Those who want to check it out should probably do some research first to know if one is up for the task or not. This will help the person decide whether the amount to be paid is commensurate to what needs to be done.
Mario Churchill is a freelance author and has written over 200 articles on various subjects. For more information on a great business opportunity and learn how to make money checkout his recommended websites.