You are ready to open your business so how do you make sure that it is successful? There are a few things that you need to make sure you do – here they are.
* Choose a business that you are not only interested in but also reflects your strengths and interests. You want to have fun with your work obviously. If you look forward to starting work each day it reflects in your dealing with customers and staff.
* Research your market and make sure that there really is a need for the product you want to sell.
* Have a rock solid business plan that you refer to and continually update. Business plans are for every business – not just if you want a loan. They are the foundation of your business.
* Have realistic and detailed plans for your first year of business and good plans for the next two years.
* Ensure that you have a good financial safety net for when things do not go well, when they are going well and you need more investment.
* Pay all you taxes that are due and make sure that you are fully licensed. Nothing will shut you down sooner than a court case or a legal problem.
* Be realistic about what you can achieve and work hard to achieve it. This keeps you motivated for all the hard work ahead.
* Be honest and truthful in your dealings with your customers. This will build loyalty with them and encourage repeat sales.
Lastly work hard, dream fruitfully and have good luck.
© Copyright 2006 Biz Guru Services Ltd
Lee Lister writes as The Biz Guru, for a number of web sites including http://www.clikks.com where she sells her informational products. With over 20 year’s management and business consultancy experience with businesses large and small as well as being a serial entrepreneur, she now helps others set up, develop and market their businesses.
If you would like more help and assistance in setting up your new business then visit http://www.startmynewbusiness.com for advice and assistance.
This article may be freely distributed if this resource box stays attached.