A turnover of $5 million for a small business could be great. But I am still in a mess. I just don’t understand where the problem is. I have earned enough to sustain for at least 6 months, but then why am I not able to pay the salaries on time. The cost seems to be high on the priority list while taking up any decision.
Well, if that’s the situation your company is facing, then probably even you are a victim of high-cost operability. At the outset, all seems perfect. Company’s image is improving, client base is expanding, and work is increasing yet there is a continual crunch. A dire need of ready cash! The payments seem to evaporate the minute they reach. There are no reserves.
These all are symptoms of bad cash management. The costs are not aligned for the long-term benefits of the firm; rather they are spent on need basis. Various firms tend to ignore the importance of cutting costs, especially when the revenues are at a high. Rather the growing phase is a time period when cutting cost is a must.
How to Cut Costs? There are various ways to culminating cost while at the same time maintaining quality, of which few important ones are elaborated:
1. At the production front by:
2. At the purchase front by:
3. At the employee front by:
4. At the administrative front by:
5. Outsource the activities you do not specialize in to reduce the associated operational cost.
6. Lease out various resources. Anything form office space to furniture, from employees to professional advice can now be leased out.
7. Study various credit sources for payment terms and interests to subscribe to the cheapest possible.
8. Raise invoices on time and try getting paid earlier, even if that entails giving special discounts or offers. Another mode to get some easy cash is by selling out your due bills. Though the overall amount is less than the bill amount, yet cash is received at an earlier date than otherwise due.
There are many online firms are ready to offer you professional consultancy regarding cost cutting.
Alexander Gordon is a writer for http://www.smallbusinessconsulting.com - The Small Business Consulting Community. Sign-up for the free success steps newsletter and get our booklet valued at $24.95 for free as a special bonus. The newsletter provides daily strategies on starting and significantly growing a business.
Business Owners all across the country are joining “The Community of Small Business Owners” to receive and provide strategies, insight, tips, support and more on starting, managing, growing, and selling their businesses. As a member, you will have access to true Millionaire Business Owners who will provide strategies and tips from their real-life experiences.