If you want to grow and want to be the leader in your business field, you need to deploy new techniques and learn about new management tools. Peer- to- Peer (P2P) learning is also one of such tools.
What Is Peer-to-Peer Learning? Considered as one of the most powerful training techniques, P2P is an ultimate Knowledge Management System. It uses tools like Internet Search Engines, discussion boards, e-mail etc.in an immoderate environment. Due to this unique feature, it doesn’t look like a formal training and you can exchange, store and access to large quantum of information with the peers joining your network.
Here are few advantages of P2P learning that will let you know why the system is getting so much popularity:
- There is no central resource or file server that controls the whole task
- You can share text as well as audio-video material. If you want to share music, you can opt for the software NAPSTER.
- If you are conducting a research and want to get help of others, you can get it easily with the help of Intel’s special Peer-to-peer program.
- A particular group can share information and go for joint ventures with other groups.
- You can be a part of chat sessions and share brilliant ideas with number of people. You also get the opportunity to learn from those who have expertise in a particular field.
- It encourages the communication of experience.
- A strong content management i. e. making the content available, searching for new content, clarifying the information and providing feedback at regular intervals makes the learning system more advantageous.
- On few clicks, you get to learn so much about new projects and techniques. You need not be physically present to attend the training sessions. So, it is beneficial for all those who are operating business from home.
- It basically acts as a communication facilitator. So, you can use it for academics also.
Peer- to- peer learning system requires self-motivated teams, which can share information on mutual basis. Workgroup collaboration, communities of practice, informal self-directed learning; all these are possible with the help of P2P system.
The success of any business relies to a great extent on the application of knowledge. As a small business owner, you must learn about networking and other related aspects to make best use of the system. More the information sharing, more will be the benefit.
If you are confused about how to implement the system and how to make best use of it, you can take advice of technical experts. You can also search for useful tips on internet, guiding you on how to make best use of this tool.
Alexander Gordon is a writer for http://www.smallbusinessconsulting.com - The Small Business Consulting Community. Sign-up for the free success steps newsletter and get our booklet valued at $24.95 for free as a special bonus. The newsletter provides daily strategies on starting and significantly growing a business.
Business Owners all across the country are joining “The Community of Small Business Owners" to receive and provide strategies, insight, tips, support and more on starting, managing, growing, and selling their businesses. As a member, you will have access to true Millionaire Business Owners who will provide strategies and tips from their real-life experiences.