While stand up pouches may not be completely new to the packaging market, they have revolutionized the packaging industry in such a way as to warrant quite a bit of attention. Yet despite their success, there are still those manufacturers who are using old packaging methods to market their products, and they are completely missing out on an opportunity to save enormous amounts of resources, simply through the use of stand up pouches. The pouches are especially useful for manufacturers of items like pet food, chemicals, or foodstuffs like soup. Here is a brief list of reasons why stand up pouches are the answer to your packaging needs:
1. Stand up pouches look great on store shelves because they offer a lot of room for graphics and important instructional information.
2. The composition of stand up pouches takes very well to printing and can serve as a virtual billboard for your product on a store shelf. They can be printed with any number of designs and colors – you are only limited by your imagination.
3. Stand up pouches use a lot less material in housing an item than more traditional packaging methods like a bag-in-a-box, glass, metal, or rigid plastic containers. As a result, both manufacturers and end users have less to throw away.
4. Because they can stand on their own, the merchandising options available to a product in a stand up pouch are far greater than other items.
5. Stand up pouches are available in any number of styles and with multiple different access methods, such as: reclosable zippers, spouts, sliders, or stickers.
6. Made of plastic or a combination of plastic and aluminum laminates, stand up pouches offer excellent protection from outside physical or chemical contaminants, and can improve the freshness of products that break down once exposed to oxygen.
7. Stand up pouches fold flat when empty, saving space during shipment and storage, and saving money on freight costs.
8. Extremely easy to use, most consumers rarely have trouble opening or closing a stand up pouch, which is extremely appealing to both retailers and end users alike.
9. Stand up pouches come in a variety of shapes and sizes. The most common shapes are the round-bottom, the k-seal, and the plow bottom. Which you use depends on your product and your preference. Your supplier can make recommendations based on your specific needs.
10. Both dry and liquid products can be housed in stand up pouches, as they are manufactured in such a way as to minimize the risk of the package leaking or breaking, no matter how much stress they are subjected to
In closing, stand up pouches can be used for both industrial and retail applications. Having a product stand on a shelf with easy access to the contents inside definitely favors the retail environment as well as the end user. Together with the large printable surface for maximum consumer appeal, it is clear why this type of packaging continues to grow in popularity.
American Built Containment Systems (ABC Systems) is the only company that custom designs specialty packaging via the Internet without having to meet with a customer face-to-face. This allows them to respond faster than any other company at the total lowest cost.