Already on ArticleSlash?

Forgot your password? Sign Up

Some fresh minds about In dash receiver - Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD

Tomas T.

Visitors: 343

USB is the main cause why you could purchase this in dash receiver, and works it properly, with a few faults.

In case you are using a 8Gb drive with over 1000 songs on it, it would takes about 10 seconds whenever you begin the automotive or choose the USB supply, for it to - read format. The primary downside with the USB feature is the way it organizes the folders. They do not seem alphabetically. Not sure what technique it makes use of, but like numerous MP3 audio devices, it simply appears to throw them up within the folder list in whatever order it wants. It'll use the identical order every time, however you may't trick it by copying a folder you want to seem on the high first, or adding - 01, 02, 03, and so forth in entrance of your folders/file names. There is probably a workaround for this, however it might make more sense if it just listed the folders alphabetically.

It does read ID3 data very effectively, nonetheless it cuts off something after a certain character limit. It will be good if it scrolled sideways through lengthy music titles/artists to indicate you the complete ID3 info, but for about 95% of people's music, this may not be a problem, and for the other 5% it is best to have sufficient of the title to determine what it is. Nonetheless if you don't have ID3 tags on your music, it can be a problem. For instance, in case you have a folder with 10 songs in it labeled “Schiller pres. Sleepingland - Sunrise - Unique-Intro" and there aren't any ID3 tags, it is only going to show the first part of the filename until it reaches the character limit. So your listing on the screen can have 10 songs on it that every one say something like " Schiller pres. Sleepingland".

Moreover, the USB drive goes to stick out three" or so from the unit, so except you remove it each time, you may have to pay attention to it and cautious to not break it off. The one other drawback you will discover with the USB playback, is that the progress bar is off. The bar exhibits time elapsed and time remaining on the same time. Time remaining is incorrect about 80% of the time. A song will start up and it will present that it has 6:22 remaining, when it is just a 4:00 song. Some songs are accurate, but the majority is off anywhere from zero:30 to three:00. Probably the most plausible clarification for that's encoded MP3 in Variable Bit Fee (VBR) format.

DVD playback is superb. The video quality is on par with any portable DVD player you would buy. You can't tilt the screen, so utility is proscribed, but when you're parked somewhere you possibly can easily get pleasure from a movie from any seat within the car. Nonetheless if it is daylight and sunny you'll will not be capable to see much. The DVD onscreen menus are nice, and the scroll bar works properly for skipping rapidly by way of a film, even higher than a conventional DVD player. There's a HIDE button for quickly eradicating all onscreen shows, so you do not have to wait a number of seconds for the menus to time out.

Sound quality is excellent. DVDs sound great. It has three loudness modes, which actually carry out the sound. Strive manufacturing facility speakers with no amplifier, and the built-in Pioneer amplifier makes a huge difference. It has several pre-set equalizer settings for various kinds of music.

If you would like to know more about in dash receivers or see our offering receivers online, please visit our website:


Article Source:

Rate this Article: 
Direct TV HD Receiver - DirecTV H20 Receiver Review
Rated 4 / 5
based on 5 votes

Related Articles:

In-Dash Receiver Pioneer AVIC-X920BT with 6.1 Widescreen Display

by: Tomas T. (March 29, 2010) 
(Automotive/Mobile Audio Video)

Comparing In dash receivers - Jensen with Pioneer, which one is better

by: Tomas T. (March 29, 2010) 
(Automotive/Mobile Audio Video)

Some opinions about Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD In-Sprint Receiver

by: Tomas T. (March 31, 2010) 
(Automotive/Mobile Audio Video)

About The Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD 7-Inch In-Dash Receivers With Touchscreen ..

by: Tomas T. (March 28, 2010) 
(Automotive/Mobile Audio Video)

In-Dash Vehicle DVD Players - What to Look for When Getting a Multimedia ..

by: Marcus Cross (February 09, 2011) 
(Shopping and Product Reviews/Electronics)

2008 JVC Arsenal Series In-Dash Receiver Review - Bluetooth, Satellite, HD, and .

by: Armand Jusuf (February 17, 2008) 
(Automotive/Mobile Audio Video)

Dash into the DASH Diet to Solve Hypertension

by: John Christian Sebastian (January 08, 2007) 
(Health and Fitness)

Dot Dash Dot Dash Morse Code For Emergencies

by: Joseph Parish (August 05, 2008) 
(Reference and Education/Survival and Emergency)

Dash Repair How to Fix a Cracked Padded Dash

by: Michael N Warren (July 26, 2008) 

Direct TV HD Receiver - DirecTV H20 Receiver Review

by: Bridget Mwape (March 13, 2007)