If you need tips for the purchase of a used car, you're in the right place!
Knowing what to look for in a used car eliminates most of the effort. The problem is most people don't know what to look for. With these 6 tips for the purchase of a used car, you can rest assured you're not purchasing a heap of junk!
These first 3 tips for the purchase of a used car are absolute deal breakers! If the used car you're looking at does not pass these checks, do not buy that used car!
- Check for oil leaking around the valve covers. If you see oil there, the car has blow-by.
- With the engine warm and shifted into neutral, check the transmission fluid by sniffing it. There should not be a burnt smell.
- Look underneath the car and check for rust. If there is a considerable amount, particularly around the wheels, it's a strong possibility that the frame could break. These next set of 3 tips for the purchase of a used car are relatively minor. If the used car you're looking at does not pass these checks, you can still buy that used car, but be prepared to sink some money into it. How much will obviously depend on what the issues are.
- If the engine has been running for a bit, back the used car up and check for any leaks on the pavement. Brown fluid indicates an oil leak, dark red indicates a transmission fluid leak, and green indicates a coolant leak. Clear water is just condensation from the A/C and is normal.
- If you're looking at a used car with automatic windows and door locks, check them all. If they're all working fine now, be assured something's going to quit working sooner or later! These issues are sometimes very expensive to fix, and in my opinion, are seldom worth fixing.
- Check the heater and the air conditioner. Depending on the climate where you live, these may be absolute “must-haves!" If your climate doesn't vary much in temperature, the heat and A/C may not be as necessary as much as they are a convenience.
Again, knowing what to look for in a used car eliminates most of the effort when it comes to shopping for one. With these 6 tips for the purchase of a used car, you know a few things you should look for making the process much easier.
Are you looking for Used Cars in Topeka then you should visit Northtowne Auto Group. For more detail visit NorthtowneAutoGroup.com.