It would sure be nice if we were all able to buy gas saving hybrid cars wouldn't it. This is not very practical though is it? A majority of us are not able to drive to the dealer and get a brand new hybrid car and save money on the cost of gas that I know but wouldn't it be nice if you could improve your gas mileage on the car you are driving now! In this article I am going to outline 5 simple ways to improve your gas mileage; and I'll tell you which method will increase your gas mileage by nearly 60%.
1) Keep your car maintained - This one is real easy. You can do simple things like replacing a dirty air filter; maintaining proper pressure in your tires and making sure to get a tune up regularly. A combination of these things can increase your mileage by 23 cents per gallon.
2) Drive smoothly - Try and keep your car at the same pace and avoid traffic whenever possible. You car uses the majority of energy speeding up and coming to a stop.
3) Shape up, lighten up -The two forces which any car must overcome are wind resistance and gravity. Take down all extra attachments you are not using such as bike racks, storage racks, etc, and drive with your tail gate down to decrease wind resistance. You should also travel with as little cargo as necessary in order to lighten your load.
4) Time your commutes better -Avoid traffic if you can, nothing decrease gas mileage like traffic. Try to time your commute so that you will encounter the least amount of traffic possible.
5) Convert your car to run on water -It may sound a little crazy but thousands of people have already taken advantage of this method and you can too. Improve your gas mileage by running your car on water. This is a simple method of converting your car to run on water using water for gas technology. This method alone can improve your gas mileage by nearly 60%.
To learn more about water for gas technology and how you too can build your own water for gas powered car, visit our website for all the SECRETS of Water Car Technology.
Richard Verreault is an Entrepreneur working relentlessly to help vehicle owners keep their hard earned money in their pockets where it belongs instead of giving it to the oil/gas companies.