Auto Classifieds are a great way to sell your car. But you have a choice now to sell online, offline or a combination of both.
Let me just give you a few quick pros and cons that should jog a decision.
The Advantages of Online Auto Classifieds
- wide coverage
- nice pictures possible
- more space for description
- usually can be found from a search engine
- run it till you sell more common
- search means customer usually searching for that exact car or near to it - misses buyers who chance on your car
- depends on traffic of site as too whether your ad is seen
- lower trust from internet based advertising
- Misses non-internet people
The Advantages of Offline Auto Classifieds
- higher trust factor
- picks up online and offline buyers
- no computer knowledge or site technology to interfere with the buying process
- pictures expensive
- less room for description
- may miss ‘online only’ buyers.
So from this statistic, the solution would seem to be - spread your message across both mediums.
Well that's it for now.
Graeme Sprigge is an automotive writer. His website http://www.sellmycarforcash.com has numerous auto articles. For an article on how to write a classified ad, read http://www.sellmycarforcash.com/sell-my-car-articles/
Copywrite 2005 Graeme Sprigge - Reprinting Permitted With This Resource Box Included