If your car is left out in the open for any period of time, it is subject to the whims of the elements. Your new car finish will soon be at the mercy of Mother Nature, who doesn't take too kindly to man made objects. The solution for you is a car cover - not just any car cover - but one that offers maximum protection.
I will not discuss the various brands of car covers available for your car as I do not want to appear to be endorsing a particular manufacturer, especially one that I have not used. Still, a car cover is necessary if you leave your car outside. The following are some of the things that can wreak havoc on your car's exterior:
1. Bird poop
2. Tree sap, leaves, and small branches
3. Moisture: rain, snow, sleet, ice, and hail
4. Flying debris: whatever the wind kicks up
5. People: there is something about a new car that attracts nosey [and dirty] visitors. Don't encourage people to lean up against your car and peer in at the interior. What people cannot see, they cannot touch!
6. The sun's rays
7. Dust, dirt, and debris
When shopping for a new car cover you must determine the following:
1. Is the car cover custom fitted for my make/model or is it a one size fits all model? Guess which one looks better and offers the best protection!
2. What level of protection does the car cover offer? Will it protect my car from moisture as well as from harmful rays of the sun? How many layers of material does it consist of? Thin car covers will rip and need replacing in no time. Remember, you get the quality level you paid for.
3. Does it come with side mirror pocket? The most expensive ones do and they fit your car the snuggest.
Of course there is no substitute for a garaged vehicle. Even then parking in a garage subjects your car to dust, nicks, and scrapes so a car cover can come in handy for these cars too.
Matthew Keegan is the owner of a successful article writing, web design, and marketing business based in North Carolina, USA. He manages several sites including the Corporate Flight Attendant Community and the Aviation Employment Board. Please visit The Article Writer to review selections from his portfolio.