Your wedding day is without a doubt one of the happiest and stressful days of you life. The happy part comes naturally but how can you cut down on the stress? Well from a photographers standpoint, seeing that he is with you from the beginning of the day till the end, and sees you before and after the wedding, I would like to offer some tips and secrets to make it more happy than stressful.
1. When you meet before hand with your Photographer, make sure that after you agree on the syle of photos you want that you have a list made for the Photographer of all important photos that need to be taken. Then there won't be any stress because certain photos were not taken.
2. Make sure to tell all your bridesmaids and family members that are to be photographed beforehand where they need to be and what time you want them to be there. This way you won't be rushed.
3. Tell everyone to pay attention during the rehearsal so everyone knows their place and what they are supposed to do. You will be nervous enough, you do not need to explain to others what they should be doing.
4. If you decide to have a receiving line, have it at the church.
It moves quicker and gives you more time to enjoy your reception where you can mingle with everyone later.
5. Tell all wedding party and family members to go immediately to the place where photos will be taken. Ask them not to stop at the liqour store or any other place that may hold things up. The sooner everyone gets there the sooner photos will be done and the sooner you can start partying.
6. Once the reception starts there is not much to be stressed about, everything should flow and everyone should have a great time.
Hopefully this does not seem as if you are some sort of control freak to be asking all of this from everyone. After almost 30 years of photographing weddings, I have found that these bits of advice make for a smooth enjoyable day. Hope yours is great.
Edward Mercer Mercer Photography http://www.thebestweddingdayplanner.com