Starting to play guitar can be a very time consuming process, I can assure you that, however there roads you can take to begin learning to play guitar easier and faster.
There are a lot of musicians who don’t want to take it slow and they try to learn guitar really fast, usually what happens with them is that they get overwhelmed and they end up getting bad habits or they end up having a very poor technique.
People that usually learn this way are those who just want to play guitar as a hobby, they just want to play for the fun of it and very often they try to dominate a song too fast. I tell you this because it happened to me, since I play with some friends, the other guitarist tells me “hey, for our show this weekend you need to learn that song for Saturday”, so there I go and try to learn it, but guess what; usually I don’t play it right the first time.
What you need to know that there is no magic button or mystic technique to learn guitar fast, but there are some tips that I can give you to help you play guitar faster, avoid getting bored, but most important than that, to learn to play correctly.
Ok, so the 5 things you have to know to learn to play guitar fast are these:
1. Practice slowly. It may sound boring I know, but that is the truth, you need to learn it as accurate as possible, mistakes free, then with some time, start putting some speed into it. Do not try to play a song just as it sounds, specially a difficult song; very likely you will not get it right.
2. Learn finger exercises. There are several good exercises out there that will help you develop finger strength and develop speed, look for one that accommodates to your level, nothing too hard but avoid the ones that are too easy for you as well. Once you have fully learned one exercise, move on to the next one.
3. Have patience. Rome was not built overnight, and the great guitar legends did not learn the guitar in one month either, so at first if you get frustrated at some point, don’t worry, that is absolutely normal, the best thing to do if you start feeling bored is to take a break, it could be a couple of days if you need to and then start playing again.
4. Play guitar as often as you can. This is the key to be an awesome guitar player, so, to learn guitar fast, practice one hour every day if possible, this can be a little bit difficult, but the more effort you put into it, the faster you will increase your abilities.
5. Set your goals. It is easier to get where you want to go if you set your goals, you just need to be wise about having goals you can achieve, and it helps a lot to have a role model, so find a guitarist to take advice from and you will be motivated and discipline automatically.
Learning guitar is a never ending process, like I mentioned before, there is no magic button to learn guitar overnight, but if you begin doing things in small steps, you’ll go a long way in this path, remember that practice is the key, good luck and have a great day.
George Balibrera is an experienced guitarist with over 12 years playing guitar. To Start Learning Guitar can be fun and exciting when you have the proper method to learn. Purchase Jamorama at the best price and start learning guitar