If you’re looking to find the best home theatre system then you have definitely come to the right place. Here we will take a look at the basic features that all home theatre systems should have. We will then take a look at some additional features which are good to look out for. The article will then finish with a look at the major makes of home theater systems.
The Basic Features of a Home Theater
There are many different features that your new home theatre system could have, but there are some things which your home theater should definitely not be without:
· 5.1 Sound Channels: if you want to experience full surround sound, make sure you get 5.1. What does this mean? Well basically it means that you get five full-frequency audio channels plus one bass-frequency channel.
· DVD/CD: it goes without saying, you want to be able to play your favourite movies and songs, so a DVD/CD player is essential.
· TV: are you planning to use your new system for more than just music? If so, then it is obvious that a good television is essential. Yet, unfortunately many home theaters don't come with their own television set, so it is assumed that you've already got one or will get a new one separately.
Additional Features of a Home Theater
The features described above are the minimum you need to get a good quality sound and audio experience. Still, in addition there are some extra features you may want to look out for:
· 3D: with 3D so popular now, and with lots of 3D televisions being released, it’s worth checking whether your new home theatre system can support 3D.
· Bass Boosting: if you’re going to be watching lots of action films or playing lots of loud music on your new system, then enhanced bass is an essential feature to have.
· Internet Compatible: these days there’s so much entertainment available via the internet, it’s worth looking to see whether your new system will enable you to play videos and music from the internet.
· Connectivity: What kind of connections will your new home theater have? Go for maximum connectivity, so that you have the option to be able to connect your computer or other devices such as an MP3 player.
The Major Home Theater System Makes
· Sony: $50-$1,000. Very wide collection of products to fit all requirements and price ranges.
· Samsung: $99-$798. A good assortment of products across a considerably broad price range.
· Yamaha: $121-$1297. A wide variety of premium products.
· Onkyo: $99-$1,000. A decent assortment of products across a wide spectrum of prices.
· Panasonic: $75-$550. Another good choice of products.
· LG: $225-$1,000. Not very many products in this range, but they are fine quality.
· Coby: $44-$141. Only a small range, and all of the lower value end.