You’ve thought it out and made up your mind – you're going to get a hip tattoo. This is a pretty big decision. After all, the decision you make now will be with you for the rest of your life. So how should you decide what tattoo design to choose for your hip? Here are a few tips to help you decide:
- Find a design that has meaning to you; your child’s name, a religious symbol, a design that inspires you. This is your hip tattoo so you want it to be special.
- Make some sketches. Even if you can't draw very well, you can do a rough drawing or an outline of your idea and a good tattoo artist can turn it into a great tattoo.
- If you have an idea in mind, ask the tattoo artist to make a custom design for you. This way, it will be a unique, one-of-a-kind tattoo that only you have.
- Visit several tattoo studios and ask to see the portfolio of the tattoo artists. Each artist will have his or her own unique style and this will help you choose which artist is right for you.
- Before you have a name (other than your child’s) tattooed on your hip, think carefully. Name tattoos are the tattoos that are most commonly removed.
- Know what your design means or represents.
- Try a temporary design. By getting the design in Henna, which will last up to a month, or a stencil or printout of your favorite design, you can see how it will fit and look on your hip.
- Don’t rush into getting a tattoo. It is painful and expensive to have tattoos removed so more than likely, you will have your hip tattoo the rest of your life. Take your time and make a wise decision that you can live with.
- Asian characters are currently a popular choice for hip tattoos, but make sure you know the correct meaning. You don’t want to walk around with something ridiculous tattooed on your hip, and you don’t want to offend anyone’s culture.
- Consider a design that matches or complements a loved one’s tattoo.
- Your choice of a hip tattoo doesn’t have to be deep or meaningful. If you like butterflies just because you like butterflies, go ahead and get one – it’s your body and your tattoo. You don’t always have to make a statement.
- It’s best not to choose something “faddish” like the name of a celebrity or favorite band.
Check the Internet for tattoo design ideas. This can be a great help if you have absolutely no idea what to choose for your hip tattoo design. Choosing your hip tattoo design can and should be fun. Take your time. Take the above tips into consideration and enjoy the process of making the decision. Above all, don’t rush out and get a hip tattoo on the spur of the moment. If chosen carefully and thoughtfully, you will have a tattoo that you are proud of and enjoy for the rest of your life.
Find the perfect design for your hip tattoo. Got to http://www.squidoo.com/hip-tattoo