1. Themed Gift Basket-Put together 5 or 6 items that represent something that is unique to your gift recipient. If they are movie buffs, why not create a movie night at home with large theatre sized candies and some microwave popcorn. Don't forget some gift vouchers for a movie store like Blockbuster. You can do the same with golf fanatics, spa lovers, chocoholics, small kids toys, gourmet coffee addicts and the list goes on. Find a nice sized basket from a discount store, dollar store or the Salvation Army. Fill the basket with the items and finish by enclosing in cellophane wrap and adding a large bow. Voila!
2. Fine Dining Gift Certificate- If you can't be with your birthday buddy or want to let them and their special someone enjoy a nice evening out why not take a break from the ordinary and give them something extraordinary-Fine Dining. Most people don't like to fork over a handful of cash for a meal. This will be well received as it is not something they would do for themselves.
3. Magazine Subscription- If your gift recipient is always buying copies of their favorite reading material at the newsstand why not grab them a full year's subscription. Give them a note wrapped in an envelope that you have set up a year for them and give them the current birthday month issue to read in the meantime. They will enjoy this wonderful gift for the whole year and think of you every month!
4. Classic Frame with Black & White Photo-The idea here is to really make this special by not just giving them a frame but one with a picture of an outing, event that you both enjoyed together or one of them as a couple, at a particular event on their own or of their family. You can rest assured this won't be tucked away but put on display for them to enjoy everyday. It's hard to know someone's personal décor taste therefore it is best to stick with classic black or a silver/pewter frame. This goes with everything. Black and white pictures look more professional and are a classic!
5. Digital Camera- This is of course if they don't already have one and you know that. This is one of the single favorite things I carry everywhere. It doesn't matter who you are, you want to capture life as it takes place. A great digital camera will let you do that and share the pictures with your friends and family too. This is for a larger budget gift, but you can get great deals on even 5MB cameras now with great quality for around $100. You could even split the cost with another family member or friend and give it from the two of you or from a group.
6. Prepaid Gas Card/Coupon-Need I say more!? With the price of gas these days, I don't know a single person who would be disappointed. People give gift cards for bookstores, clothing and even groceries. This is a necessity and will be appreciated the next time they are short on cash at the pump.
7. Spa Treatment-Men will love it too. . . a massage or facial can be great gifts for men, but of course women will gladly accept anything. . . a pedicure, manicure, facial, waxing, seaweed wrap. . . anything bringing relaxation to someone's busy lifestylewill put a smile on their face!
8. Snowplowing Service OR Prepaid Lawn Care/Maintenance- Why not treat that special someone to 3 months of snowplow service during the Winter's stormiest and coldest time. Your loved one can stay warm and dry while someone does the dirty work for them. You'll be their hero every time a storm hits. Prepay some Lawn care for a period of time such as 2 months during the hottest months of the summer when cutting the grass and clipping the hedges will seem too much to bear.
9. Concert Tickets/Sport Event Tickets- Tickets to someone's favorite sports game, event or concert tickets is a great way to get someone happy on their birthday. It gives them something to look forward and if you play your cards right they might even invite you along if you're a fan! You can wrap them up in a smaller box and keep putting several boxes inside each other and wrap only the outer box with a bow. They will be expecting a large gift and inside will be the tickets in a small envelope. Your gift will definitely be remembered for many things.
10. Home Baked Cookies/Dessert or Birthday Cake-As children our favorites were mom and grandmas homemade chocolate chip cookies. It is such a nice change from the usual store bought treats from the local grocery store. The best thing is these are one of the least expensive gifts around. Bake a couple dozen cookies and line a pretty tin with baking paper or tissue paper than cover with one folded tissue paper and cover with tin lid and wrap with a bow. You can use all sorts of jars, plastic containers and little bakery baggies too. If you don't have great recipes you'll find lots at MarthaStewart.com. She has just released a ‘Best Homemade Cookie List’. You could also make them a homemade birthday cake or special dessert and wrap it up for a nice display.
Karla Davis is the President of Restoring Order. She is a Professional Organizer, Interior Decorator as well as Public Speaker. She specializes in organizing homes, office spaces and has over 10 years of experience and success within inside/outside Sales and Marketing. Karla is also the wife of Author, Paul Davis and is currently writing two books of her own. Karla's life mission is to positively transform the homes and lives of everyone she meets.
Please contact Karla for your Professional Organizing, Interior Decorating, or Professional Speaking needs at:
P. O. Box 684
Goldenrod, FL 32733
U. S. A.
W: (407) 284-1705